Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
dagwood Offline OP
OP Offline
I would like to configure my phone system to allow calls to be forwarded to an off-premise phone number (OPX) but can't seem to get the programming right. The two instances I'm hoping to use this feature are 1) forwaring my phone extension to my cell/home phone, and 2) Customer wants to reach an after-hours tech. I guess a third option would be to redirect incoming calls on a particular line (or via autoattendant) to the OPX. I am probably asking too much of the system with this next request. Can I set up a "follow me" search where the phone system will try one number first, then a 2nd number, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Barry

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Which system are we talking about?

If it is an IDS system you can set a fwd to sta speed key 839 Sub 030 and put the number into that station speed bin 30, the user will be able to set on or off by pressing the key.
also in the G-screen you can fwd to a system speed dial i.e. bin *199.
also when prog. a speed bin put a *4 before the number to allow the system to wait for DT before dialing the digits.

So does this mean the IDS 84 DOES allow me to forward my extension to a cell-phone? Also, is this a feature that I can enable/disable and alter by dialing my extension from, say, a pay-phone?

pvj Offline
I could be wrong my documentation is a little dated but no the 84 can only do this on the G screen not as a keyset button feature.The only way to turn it on/off would be from the keyset.Your other alternative if you have one might be a voicemail that can do it.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited April 20, 2004).]

How about on an IDS 108... i've been trying, but not quite there yet. Programmed sys speed dial *099 to a nextel number, and set daytime NoAnsw in G screen to *099. But transferred calls get operator msg., misdial. Tried adding *4 for pause to outside line... but this hasn't seemed to help.

When programming sys spd dial at op terminal... PGM>*099>*4>4255551212...

_manually_transferred calls from any given EXT using TR/CON key to SYS SPD Dial work fine.

DOes anyone know what I"m missing here?

USE SPEED DIAL *199 OR *198

pvj Offline
Speed dials 001-199 should work on the G screen.Dumb question but is the number long distance?
What do you mean manually transferred calls work? Or you mean the speed dial number works when you manually dial the speed dial code?
Is the system picking up a line in the proper trunk group when it dials out?I

I would define an off-premise extension
on an IDS as an analog port leaving your switch on a leased dry cable pair from telco to provide Intercom dialtone to an
off premise PBX or POTS jack usually only a few miles away. An OPX box or long loop adaptor is needed to make the haul. To do a forward to station speed dial or forward to system speed bin the only problem I have run into is that it is not supported on PRI.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dagwood:
I would like to configure my phone system to allow calls to be forwarded to an off-premise phone number (OPX) but can't seem to get the programming right. The two instances I'm hoping to use this feature are 1) forwaring my phone extension to my cell/home phone, and 2) Customer wants to reach an after-hours tech. I guess a third option would be to redirect incoming calls on a particular line (or via autoattendant) to the OPX. I am probably asking too much of the system with this next request. Can I set up a "follow me" search where the phone system will try one number first, then a 2nd number, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Barry
</font>

Barry,

The Syngistics Remote Agent/System manager offers customized off premise delivery of calls for call center and non-callcenter applications.

Please contact me for further information if you like.

Chris

[email protected]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,295
Posts638,838
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,647 Shoretel
189,532 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (Xdm, justbill, Memphisribs, Andyreed, Toner), 168 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024