Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
OP Offline
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Because this thread has been hijacked, I thought it would make a good topic.

So, considering quite a few say that you should never use staples on Cat 5e cables, how do you attach them "securely, safely and yet professional looking"?

Personally, for single runs:

For quad I use a T18 stapler
For Cat 5e I use a T25 stapler (7/16")
For Coax I also use a T25 stapler. (9/16")
I also staple only as needed to avoid possible misfires and having to start over.

If I'm running multiple cables, I'll install small plastic tie mounts and tyraps.

At the "field", I usually use PVC U-straps like the sparkies use (of the appropriate size).

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Dry wall screw a scad of velcro to the wall its nice to use for the last 10 feet in case you need to add more wire. Ty-wraps and cable saddles works ok but don't over tighten them so you can add more wire with out cutting the old ty-wraps. Your electricians (in Calgary)are hammering in electrical staples, on groups of six cat5e wires or more, apparently that causes damage to the wire and then twist the blue pairs together with marrets. :rofl: Thats what electricians do because they don't know any better and they still try to monopolize the market. :shrug:
https://www.contact-directconnect.com/the_competition.htm

I'll use my T2025 (takes T25 staples) for single runs of phone...never on data. I like the Panduit LPMS mounts with cable ties for data, even if it's one or two.
For coax I am hooked on Flex Clips , I found out about them from the cabletechs forum. I've even switched their screws out for self tapping sheet metal screws on a house with aluminum siding. I used them as well as black cable ties with holes at the top to clean up all the coax cabling outside my house.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
I like thge flex clips as well, the hold hreat, I actually use them for speaker wire as well (depending on the application I may need to use the double version)

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
That's a good idea anth!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Jeff I first used them under a very large deck while running outdoor audio. It really worked out great.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Admin
Online Happy
Admin
For commercial installs with T-bar ceilings J Hooks work well - pull a string in with your cable and future cable runs will be much easier!

On the backboard nothing short of saddles & tie wraps is acceptable. I-ties are terrible because you have to replace each one every time you add a cable frown Screws through pieces of velcro works alright too, although the velcro can end up being too small if a large number of cables are added.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
For Cat 5e I use a T25 stapler (7/16")
For Coax I also use a T25 stapler. (9/16")

Any fastening method that dents, squeezes, bends or otherwise distorts these cables will affect their performance. If you put a TDR on a stapled run you will actually see where the staples are. CAT cables also may not certify.

The only time you should have any problem finding suitable support or fasteners is when running cable along an exposed surface such as on the wall around a room where you want to make it look nice. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of choices given that the coax or data cables can't be bent tightly either. So the best solution though not the cheapest is to find a way to conceal the cable. Within the wall, behind baseboard or tucked down between the carpet tack strip and baseboard and plastic raceway are some options.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, jkmartin), 143 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024