web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
I am not an expert with our Executone IDS 228, DACD, & VXC System (just handle the day-today type requirements) - therefore, I am asking here for information. Thank you in advance for any help.

We are switching Long Distance Carriers and our pending new carrier has asked whether we have an AMI or B8ZS and also whether we have Super Frame or Extended Super Frame. We do not have a vendor at this time to ask (that's what the new LD carrier said to do - ask the vendor). Can you tell me how I can get this information?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you are changing a T-1 provider you really need a phone vender. You should post the city which you are from and the might be someone from the forum that would be able to help you in your area.

Kerry

OP Offline
Thanks for the information. . . . .we are located in Summerville, SC - close to Charleston.

I have contact, at times, with a previous phone vendor and he said that all that would be required would be for the new carrier to switch our connections from one carrier to another via a jack or some kind of equipment in our telephone equipment room. (he is/was familar with our setup).

OK, I have supplied our location and I thank you very much for the suggestion, but is there anything that I can do to determine the configuration or will it absolutely require a phone vendor? Thank you again - I appreciate your quick reply and I will be waiting for further instructions.

JJ Offline
You need to contact your original carrier and ask them. It depends on the CSU you are using and how it i setup. What is your CSU? if a Kentrocs T-serv you usually use D4, AMI. The IDS system needs D4, AMI signalling into it, but that can be controled by the CSU.

Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited November 01, 2004).]

If all else fails, use a BFH.
OP Offline
JJ,

Thank you for your response. I looked in the equipment room and found a ACD Kentrox T Server II. I will call the present LD carrier and see what information they can give me. They should say AMI, according to your theory . . .;>). Now, all I need to know is if it is a Super Frame or an Extended Super Frame. . . . Thank you again for your feedback.

OP Offline
JJ,

Just got off the phone with current LD Carrier (universal, VERY well known carrier) and they said they didn't know - all they could tell me was that all 24 channels are voice channels and that I would have to call our telephone vendor.

Is there anywhere on the terminal where this configuration may be documented - like the B screen or somewhere? Seems like if the vendor knows the configuration, it would be listed in the program somewhere???

Update. . . . just got off the phone with the previous vendor person that I talk to every now and then. He said it is an AMI and a Super Frame. Said something like, one thing about Executone, they are all configured the same. . . . . Thanks for your help!

JJ Offline
The IDS needs D4, AMI, Super Frame comming into switch. Since you are using all 24 chanels for voice, the signaling from Telco should be the same.

If you had a CSU/DSU the signaling from Telco could hav been B8ZS, Extended Super Frame. This is used if you use some chanels for DATA and the others for voice.

D4, AMI, Super Frame should take care of you.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
OP Offline
JJ,

Thank you so very much. . .I appreciate your time and the sharing of your knowledge regarding this matter.

My vendor contact, in order to try and save us money, told me that a vendor really doesn't need to be on site for the changeover because all that will be involved is switching from one connection to another in the equipment room and if for some reason it doesn't work, they can always switch back to the way it was until they get the kinks ironed out. Would you agree with this?

I don't know if I can state the vendors involved here (LD carriers that we are switching to and from) but they are probably the two largest LD carriers. It's just that one responded to our request for a rate decrease and the other one was going to but never did.

Thanks once again.

You got me curious. I'd be pretty leery of a "well known carrier" that couldn't tell me the framing format and line coding they were giving me. I worked for AT&T for 30 years and even a dummy can find that information on a word document, even if they don't know how to look it up in the switch. If it's AT&T let me know cause they laid off ALL there techs doing this stuff and gave the work to management, if you don't want to post it PM me.
Thanks,
Bill

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Hi Bill,

I must have worded that wrong. Here's how it is going.

We have AT&T as our LD carrier right now - Bell South is going to be our new LD carrier. BS wanted to know if we were AMI or BZ8blah blah blah - and also if we were super frame or extended super frame.

I called AT&T to ask them and the CSR lady told me she had no information to that effect. All she could tell me was that we had 24 channels and they were all voice. I, too, found this hard to accept, but I figured I could get the info from my PV (previous vendor) contact (he knows everyhting ;>))and sure enough, he was able to tell me what we had.

So, you think that BS or AT&T should have been able to help me? One thing I was extremely curious about was that AT&T sub-contracts their work to BS, so why wouldn't BS already know this. I mentioned this to the Sales Rep but she said it was our Vendor that would be able to give me this info. Needless to say, I have been frustrated with all parties here. Seems like they should have known this, but anyway, I retrieved this info FOR THEM.

Thanks for your reply. If you have any comments/suggestions regarding this, I would certainly appreciate hearing back from you.

Now I am waiting for BS to do whatever it is they have to do to switch the circuits. Boy, I sure hope everything goes OK. We have incoming 800's on those lines and it is important that they are working lines at all times (sales). Thanks again!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,677 Shoretel
189,669 CTX100 install
187,873 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024