Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#462330 01/23/07 03:30 AM
OP Offline
Good morning;
I am looking at purchasing a 72E system. I will have a T1 with PRI so that I may uses DIDs on my system. One of the features I want is to be able to record all incoming and outgoing telephone numbers. I have heard that all I can record are the most recent 25 from caller id because I have PRI. Do any of you know another way I can do this? I would like to store them to hard copy via a PC and be able to do this automatically even. Thank you for your time -

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#462331 01/23/07 03:33 AM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Your best bet is to invest in a call-accounting software package. There are numerous good ones out there, and they vary in price and features. If you need some suggestions, PM or email me.

#462332 01/23/07 06:06 AM
If you only need this at one or 2 desktops, then VIP has the call log which will log all your own incoming and outgoing calls and store the records in an outlook folder.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#462333 01/23/07 06:49 AM
OP Offline
Thank you for your replies -
I will have eight phone stations including the "main" station at the front desk. I understand that with PRI, it makes it difficult to record phone numbers in/out? The VIP solution may be just the ticket, but I have heard it will only store caller-id of the last 25 calls? And then I must license each phone in addition. I would like to find a solution to go at least one month and then store it if possible. Since the 72E is digital it seems there should be a software solution...?

#462334 01/23/07 02:07 PM
VIP must be running while the call is made so keep that in mind. But there is no limitation on the number of calls, because the records are stored in an Outlook folder. The 25 number limit refers to the "Caller ID key" that may be programmed on any phone.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#462335 01/24/07 02:01 AM
Originally posted by consumergirl:
Good morning;
I am looking at purchasing a 72E system.
I have several questions..
Are you getting the 72E from Ebay, Previous Owner or a certified reseller?
What version of software is the 72E running?
What are the details of the T1/PRI/DID recomendations?
Has your husband completed all the wiring?

These things are important pieces to the puzzle.

John

#462336 01/24/07 02:40 AM
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
John makes a good point as these are all issues you should be asking your installer if you have indeed settled on the 72E (which is a good choice by the way!!). If you are trying to do it without an authorized reseller I would advise against it when you have a PRI involved. What will you do the first time there is a problem on the circuit and the provider tells you it's your equipment? Access to tech support is critical at that time. Keep in mind with a PRI all of your eggs are in one basket and your are out of service completely when you have a problem.

#462337 01/24/07 04:53 PM
This same user asked for cabling help Jan 03, got many responses and never bothered to follow up.
The info about PRI sounds strange. Is this more do it your self EBay Techno Babble???
My 2 cents, if your in real estate, go sell houses and get a relationship with a local Quality dealer
for yor communication needs, this has no relation to end user stguff. I see enough of this around here without propagating it the internet.
Just did this dog and pony show last week--- bought on E Bay, Sparky wired, ex IT installed, customer not happy,,belives any Panasonic dealer should show up and fix all for free, he,s still calling!!

#462338 02/03/07 05:35 AM
Wow...
This is a good question that customer ask about all the time.
My standard answer is to use the serial port on the IVX (or NSP on newer versions) to "spit out" the SMDR string to a cost accounting program like TAPIT. From there the customer can change the information into just about any type of report you can ever want. However, there is a cost for the software, and PC platform. This is the professional cost accounting method.
The "poor man" method is hook up a serial dot matrix to the DB9 on the cabinet and listen to the thing grind out all day. Of course you will have to find a serial printer (good luck). Another method I use is running a terminal emulator like Procomm or Qmodem and set it to capture mode. You can do this through the Lan or through a serial port on a PC running the program. The Procomm will caputer and store each call and you can save it as a file. From here you can export it to a database and sort the data.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,322
Posts638,968
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,268 Shoretel
190,549 CTX100 install
188,986 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024