web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#462632 03/20/07 12:26 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm certain that I am not alone in the following scenario. After installing new ESI system for customers they realize the value of message on hold capabilities. They have the ability to record 3 different personal VM greetings, 2 different AA main greetings (actually 4 if you consider day and night) and numerous info mailbox recordings. They seem dissapointed when they learn the steps nessesary to have a quality MOH isn't as simple as having a telephone and the admin password. MOH must come from a 3rd source such as a live feed from a CD player or a local radio station. I have several customers that I have selected a piece of music into the customer recorded location and this works great but they still want the ability to record their own unique message and feed it into the system in place of music.

OK, in order to do this the right way and create a professional result I must do the following:

1 Record a wav file to my hard drive.
2 Send the wav file to the customer for approval.
3 Copy the final product to a transportable player such as a CD player or MP3 player.
4 Transport the player to customer location and copy the recording to the system.

I am in the early stages of Step 1 at this time and in need of quality recording software and any opinions others may have as far as microphones and such.

The end result I am hoping to achieve is a quality audio production I can proudly deliver to approximately 10 customers. The return on time invested in order to create 10 service calls is a big time loser so I also want to have the ability to take a written draft and record quality audio I can send to other ESI techs for their customers.

Your thoughts??

John

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#462633 03/20/07 01:04 AM
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
On Hold Plus offers MessageStudio software with their units. It may be worth looking into. All of the background music they supply that you overlay your recordings onto is licensed.

#462634 03/20/07 01:24 AM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
We also sell OHP units. The Message Studio software is pretty good, and allows the customer a lot of good flexibility to make their own recordings. The units that accept SD cards (and also connect via USB) have really improved the "user friendliness" of the product.

It would be nice if ESI offered something to make it easier for customers to take advantage of the on-board recordable MOH prompts. Being able to have it loop (not always start at the beginning) would probably be tough, but would make it much more useable. Also, more flexibility for MOH selection when tenant service is used is a BIG thing in my book, and needs to be improved upon.

John, have you looked at the On Hold Plus units? If not, you should get your hands on a OHP 6000 or better, and try it out.

#462635 03/20/07 01:44 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
I am currently evaluating recording software. Once I have the right mix of microphone and software I will move to phase 2 which will be the device to download wav file into prior to delivery to customer system. On Hold Plus has quality products no doubt however all of their offerings tend to send me in the direction of purchasing one of their products. It is the limitations of 3rd party availabilities I am looking to avoid. I want to be the 3rd party.

John

#462636 03/20/07 05:29 AM
It would be nice to have a MOH prompt that the customer can record there own message , like the ACD prompts.

#462637 03/20/07 06:33 AM
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Several have mentioned products so have a look at Premier Technologies or Premtech.com. The usb or network product would solve the media transport issues. They now use mp3 so nothing is proprietary. As far as setting up your "studio" I wish you good luck.

#462638 03/20/07 07:17 AM
Admin
Admin
What audio format does the ESI except is it just audio or will it take .wav or mp3 files

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#462639 03/20/07 08:44 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
The ESI system takes MOH thru direct connection using 1/8 mono plug. After the connection you can play from the device one time into the system and it actually records it internally. That is basically the problem. Recording a decent quality verbal message to a transportable device then transporting to the location.

John

#462640 03/21/07 04:25 AM
merritt-

ESI uses some proprietary format, which is almost some form of raw audio. I was able to open a prompt file in Goldwave, and behind much noise, I could make out what the prompt said.

In general, the entire prompt and music system is very limiting and frustrating. If I want to upgrade to new software, I then have to re-record EVERY custom prompt. ESI supports up to 99 branches in the AA. If a system used them all, that's at least 99 re-recordings. Then, there's the user directory and voicmail... ESI's biggest system could have at least 500 users, and another couple hundred general purpose mailboxes.... One thing standing in the way of progress for the upgrade, is my boss having a few dozen recorded calls and numerous voicemails in his mailbox. Downloading them from the system isn't even real-time, it's 1:3 (actual time:download time). The admin app has the capability to backup the prompts, but not voicemail... doesn't matter though, backed up prompts can't be loaded after a new OS.

Rob Cashman
Customer Support Engineer
#462641 03/21/07 04:41 AM
Originally posted by grider:
I'm certain that I am not alone in the following scenario. After installing new ESI system for customers they realize the value of message on hold capabilities. They have the ability to record 3 different personal VM greetings, 2 different AA main greetings (actually 4 if you consider day and night) and numerous info mailbox recordings. They seem dissapointed when they learn the steps nessesary to have a quality MOH isn't as simple as having a telephone and the admin password. MOH must come from a 3rd source such as a live feed from a CD player or a local radio station. I have several customers that I have selected a piece of music into the customer recorded location and this works great but they still want the ability to record their own unique message and feed it into the system in place of music.

OK, in order to do this the right way and create a professional result I must do the following:

1 Record a wav file to my hard drive.
2 Send the wav file to the customer for approval.
3 Copy the final product to a transportable player such as a CD player or MP3 player.
4 Transport the player to customer location and copy the recording to the system.

I am in the early stages of Step 1 at this time and in need of quality recording software and any opinions others may have as far as microphones and such.

The end result I am hoping to achieve is a quality audio production I can proudly deliver to approximately 10 customers. The return on time invested in order to create 10 service calls is a big time loser so I also want to have the ability to take a written draft and record quality audio I can send to other ESI techs for their customers.

Your thoughts??

John
Yes-- Use an MP3 player. People can record what they want on the PC using a variety of software products, a microphone, and voila.

--
Only the fool fears asking a question.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, hitechcomm), 142 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024