web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone know if there is a way to add remote stations to the Quick Call Listing on VIP Pro? I have a 48 Key phone at my desk, but that has never been enough soft-keys for me and instead of taking up more desk space with an expansion console I got VIP Pro, and Love it, but now that I finally have my Esi-Link working, I want to add stations from remote locations to my Quick Call List in VIP but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Does anyone know if it is even possible? Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SST Offline
Just put it your contacts list, then drag in to your quick call list.

I was tinkering with this today at the office, we have an ESI-Link connection with one of our client sites. I can't test everything because none of the extensions on their side are "published"...

But, to expand on what SST said, I created a new item in my Outlook Contact List called "Bob" and the phone number is 701102 (ESI-Link location 701, extension 102) and saved it. Then I dragged it to my Quick Call List and yes it works.

My question though is if you have published extensions on an ESI-Link location, does it show up in your VIP folder listings like ESI-Link sites and local extensions? If I find more info, I'll post it.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried adding them the way SST mentioned, and it will add them to the Quick Call list and I can call them, but I don't have any station status indicators like I do with local stations, but when I program an Esi-Link extension on my 48 key feature phone, I have station status indicators. I see the remote site listed in the VIP folder listings, but I can't seem to find a way for it to show me the stations at the remote location.

With the ext's at the locations being plublished, you can add them to your quick list and your virtual buttons. VIP will pick up the speed dials, locations and stations in your Outlook VIP Contact List.

On my VIP Softphone I programmed the 30 Virtual buttons to what ever I wanted no matter the location. I have one for my Tech's remote phone and his softphone, Line keys at my office, etc. Remember to click on the virtual button, view tab and check the button programming "Ctrl P". and you will be able to add them.

We even have a customer with a 600 and we have ext's through their system too. They are good friends and we used them for testing purposes. He even went to Italy, had a high speed connection at the hotel he was staying and used his softphone to intercom with his office in Little Ole Sebring Florida.

Way Cool

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
I can see the location in my Outlook VIP Contact list, but I cannot see any remote extensions. I have manually programmed a few extensions on my 48 key digital phone, and some of them give me status indications, whereas others do not. I am running a IVX 256X. I Love the Esi-Link and use it to contact my satellite office across town. The quality isn't the best, but I don't have QoS installed at this time either, but the quality is still better than I thought it would be.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,919
Members49,773
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,064 Shoretel
190,281 CTX100 install
188,545 1a2 system
Newest Members
lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons
49,773 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 20
jsaad 5
dans 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 195 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024