Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#463093 07/17/07 09:38 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
What causes prompts to disappear. What I'm talking about are the system tutorial prompts. I'm used to talking to my customers while listening to the prompts and as I'm asking them what they hear, they say nothing. Sure enough what used to be there is gone. Current scenario is after going into admin programming there are several options one being press 6 to record greetings. Without the prompt my customers are helpless.

Now I know once a prompt is gone I can upload it from my laptop and all is fine but then I wonder what other prompt may be gone that we have not discovered yet. To the best of my knowledge there isn't a list of which prompts should be loaded according to X.X.X version of software. I would like to be able to check a system for its prompt inventory.

Thoughts anyone?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#463094 07/17/07 01:59 PM
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
If You reset the system, do they start to play again?

I think there is a 'list' on ESI- site, or maybe, if you upgrade to x.x.x then you should also load prompts x.x.x.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
#463095 07/17/07 11:58 PM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
I always load prompts when I do upgrades and I never do an upgrade remotely. I always use direct connect.

When I notice a prompt missing the first thing I do is a system shutdown and restart.

As far as a list on the esi reseller site I have never been able to find one.

Example of Prompt Problem:

When PRGM-HOLD-XXX is pressed a certain prompt should play offering options to the user. My latest system I discovered a missing prompt was in this position. I want to have a reference list of prompts to know what is missing so I could go into installer programming and enter xxxx code where it would tell me the status of the missing prompt as far as Not Recorded or Not Loaded.

If I had reference material on what belongs where I can either reload the prompt or even re-record verbally.

Do I make sense?

#463096 07/18/07 12:37 AM
KLD Offline
If'n ya don't know what you are supposed ta got, how do ya know what you are a missin'? (Done in my best Southern drawl).

Is that where you are at, John?

:shrug:

Ken
---------
#463097 07/18/07 12:47 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Yup :rofl:

#463098 07/18/07 01:26 AM
Admin
Admin
Why don't you just have all prompts loaded then you wouldn't have to question it?

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#463099 07/18/07 03:59 AM
Which ESI system are you working with? ESI lists the different prompts that need to be loaded based on software versions on the software section of the ESI Resellers site.

In particular I know the ESI-600, S-Class, and E/X-Class may require loading of prompts based on a software upgrade.

#463100 07/18/07 11:35 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by metelcom:
Why don't you just have all prompts loaded then you wouldn't have to question it?
Excellent Question and I have the answer!
When doing a software upgrade there is a file of prompts along with the software upgrade and I always load those. In fact I load them 4 at a time per ESI Tech Support. But sometimes prompts don't "Drop into place". Those are the words of tech support. So in answer to your question if a missing prompt is discovered the process of loading them all again is the same process that got me to where I am now.

A few months ago I upgraded the software on a 42s. After the upgrade I went into Installer programming the usual way to program lines by the following procedure.....

KEY--KEY--XXX#--2

When I pressed 2 it went quiet, nothing.

It was supposed to say

"For line programming press 1, For CO access/denial table programming press 2, For line parameter programming press 3 or For caller ID programming press 4".

When I realized this I knew I was missing a prompt but had no idea which prompt so in an email to a very intelligent guy named Dana at ESI tech support I described the location of the missing prompt by the required steps incurred getting to the missing prompt location. Dana immediately replied to my email and said I needed prompt 378 and he included it as an attachment and It was done.

Now as far as prompts being available on the reseller website. Yes, that is true but to the best of my knowledge there isn't any cross reference material that tells me specifically what each prompt says and a road map that tells me where a specific prompt belongs.

I currently have the same 42s (2.06.01)missing another prompt.

When you press PRGM then 3 it should play a promt describing station options. It plays squat!!!

help

#463101 07/18/07 02:48 PM
There is a function code in installer programming for the system prompts. (it's in the 9XXX range) All 1000+ of the system prompts can be re-recorded manually from there. There is not a published master list but a cursory check shows there is at least some consistency in the prompt numbering between the IVX20+ all the way up to the ESI 100. If your typing speed is 60WPM it's maybe a day's work to create a list. I'm sure not gonna do it! If you're an ESI reseller PM me and I'll let you know the function number.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#463102 07/19/07 12:56 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
bdunne, Thanks for the offer of the function number. I already have it, in fact I have both of them.

Using the 9XXX number in conjunction with installer programming capabilities opens the front door to deal with specific prompts such as prompt 378 if it exists. Any installer can go into prompt programming and deal with an existing prompt. In other words, work with it if it exists from the top down. It is when a prompt does not exist that I am dealing with from the bottom up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,569 Shoretel
189,439 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 170 guests, and 231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024