web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#464258 04/10/08 07:39 PM
OP Offline
As an owner of a Comm Server-200. Is there a way or work around to forward all call to another extension if I am currently on the phone?

I find myself doing a
1)hitting flash, grabbing the 2nd line
2)hitting transfer and an extension button
3)and hanging up to grad the 1st call again

and maybe I can create a button for this task or I may have to start using the virtual answer. But the REAL objective is to have the call redirected so somebody else can help them not leave a message and have me handle the issue! smile I may just have to let my assistant answer all calls which be be the only alternative smile

Thanks!!
Joe

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#464259 04/11/08 12:52 AM
IF the second call is ringing to your extension, you could use Virtual Answer, it wouldn't be totally automated, but your message could say that you are on another line, please dial extension xxx to speak to xxxx.

I use two Virt Answer keys to handle 2nd calls on my sales line with very few issues.

OR, have your voice mail message tell the caller to dial extension xxx for immediate assistance rather than leaving you a message....

Use the fact that you can dial from any prompt to your advantage.....

OR set your CF settings to go to the other extension instead of your MB! (my least favorite option)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
#464260 04/11/08 08:26 AM
I would make use of the Personal Greetings and just have the one that you use during the day say you are on the phone or away from your desk please dial XXXX for immediate Help or leave a message and someone will return your call.

At this point i would just create a ring all department that would include other extensions that could help and state that department number to the caller in you greeting.

An example would be I typically call you as my sales rep. You are on the phone so i get your greeting that instructed me to dial XXXX for help or leave a message. I dial XXXX and it rings all idle phones of your sales department.

#464261 04/11/08 11:03 AM
Virtual answer allows you to program a destination to reroute your calls, it's not just for: "please hold I'll be right with you, or you can leave a message". It can also be used for "I'm too busy to speak to you so I'm transferring you to person (or department) B"

To use the rerouting option select "4" when initially recording a virtual answer key. If you've already set up for call waiting you'll have to erase the key and record again.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
#464262 04/11/08 02:51 PM
OP Offline
All Great Suggestions. Hopefully Virtual Answer will save the day smile

Thank You All
Joe V

#464263 04/13/08 02:17 PM
This might work also. ESI has a fixed call forward to extension button that can be programmed. If the phone is ringing and this key is pressed will it forward the call? Worth a shot.

#464264 04/14/08 04:21 AM
SST Offline
Program a button for CFNA (call forward no answer) this is feature 567, enter the extension number of the person that covers your calls. This will ring your extension first then forward to the target extension. If you put your phone in DND calls will be forwarded immediately.
Page F.13 in the users guide:
Call-forward/no-answer key (Code 567)
Note: Not available on an ESI Cordless handset.
Enables or disables the call-forwarding/no-answer feature. When this feature is enabled and someone calls
your station but receives no answer, the call will go to the destination you’ve programmed (for more details,
see page E.10). The difference between this feature (Code 567) and traditional call forwarding (Code 565) is
that, with this feature, your phone actually rings first before going to the selected destination.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,866
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,672 Shoretel
189,624 CTX100 install
187,863 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024