Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 256x FSIII with 10 port cards installed. We recently installed a new E2-D12 port card in the slot where my IVC-8EL card was. Now the extensions that are on the new D12 card can't access an outside line, although they can make internal calls without a problem. It appears in programming that the extensions on the new D12 are showing up as IP extensions instead of digital. Has anyone ever had a similar situation? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Have you added them to line group 9?.....The fact that they are showing up as IP phones is a little scary....you may find you need to reinitialize the system so it properly sees the new card.

BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
They appear to already be in line group 9. The current system software is 10.09.05. It is very scary to think we may have to re-initialize the system. When the new card was first installed, all of our line indicators were missing from the phones and the lines had to be reprogrammed in the system before the indicators came back.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I think you will need to reinitialize it........but have your installer call tech support first.

BCHD Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to get up with him right now to see how he wants to handle this. Do you think that a software upgrade may correct the problem? I think he told me once before that there is a newer version of software out that shouldn't initialize the system but if something wasn't broke he didn't want to try to fix it.

initialize, it's broke. We've gone thru this many a time, and have recreated it in our shop, no matter what version of software you are running... When you replace a IP based card with a digital card it screws your programming, either put the IVC card back and add the D12 at the end, or replace it and reprogram.

You did take a full backup first correct? :thumb:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
I would try this first Before I re inintialized the system, shut it down take out the D12 you just put in, fire it back up without the IVC card.

It should now not ' see ' anything in that slot.

shut it back down, stick the D12 in and see what happens.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
I have similar concerns like nonameyet. My thinking is even if you have a full backup you may not be able to apply it with the card changed. I'm referring to the "your port card configuration has changed" warning that will appear.

Now having said that I still think having a full backup is wise but you might have to apply the programming manually after the card swap.

Oh, I hear ya, but we've recreated this situation over and over again on the bench with a original (metal cabinet) 600. Pulling and swapping any IP card is a disaster waiting to happen. All of your programming goes south. Hopefully the X class handles it better, but from what BCHD described is just what happens to us on the bench.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you have to change card types, first boot up the system with only the first port card. This will force the system to reconfigure all the port assignments when you boot it a second time with the full complement of cards.

I don't think you will have to initialize. Just make sure you create a new site next time you use ESI-access or you'll be back where you started.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,514 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024