Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jgosney Offline OP
OP Offline
Wonder if anyone has any experience in this-

We are a call center, working from Two different locations- Topeka and St. Paul minnesota.

Both sites have an ESI 200 with 4 Esi-Link channels.

Is it possible to have members from both sites in one hunt group? All calls come into our Topeka site, we want to throw the call into a hunt group (say 281) and have it ring local users, as well as a couple of users on the other switch.

I have it set up now, but I had to set it up as a In-Order Group, add the remote ext, then change the group type to All. When I do this, the phones will ring about two times, then one of the remote ext. will pick up, but there is no talk-path.

Any thoughts? Thanks all

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
It ' Might ' work on the newer 14.4.xx software.

Be careful, the system programmer will let you add the remote exts to the dept.

We installed the same thing you are describing just about 1 year ago...it did not work.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
I did this also with 2 Hunt Groups connected using ESI-Link. It did not work either. ESI tech support says it will not work. You cannot use Hunt Groups over ESI-Link, however, if you program Aalog CO Lines and in the Ring 1, Ring 3, Ring 5, or Ring 9 feild, include the extensions from the other site (not hunt group pilot numbers) it will work just fine.

jgosney Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys- I think we are on 14.3.xx now- I might try to update the system- one would think this would be possible. Also- I'm a little disappointed that the DSS lights are not active on the VIP Attendent Console with Remote users. Anyone heard about that one?

jgosney Offline OP
OP Offline
Tried the analog CO Lines- get a busy signal when trying to call it- thoughts?

Thanks

jgosney Offline OP
OP Offline
Did some digging- it was busy cause that extension was not in the Outside ling group-

So, my quesion is- how do you dial that Line Group- and have it ring- when I dial it- there is just dead air-

Thanks

We are doing it with a 600 and 5 100's, we set up an info box that transfers to the main site 600. They are an eye center. The 600 is where all the appts are set. make sure you are using a 4 digit numbering scheme. When a call goes to an office the auto attendant answers, press 1 for appts or 2 to talk to a csr. When they press one it will ring the appt dept. We have them in an ACD Dept. We also set up ACD Depts in all other locations for overflow. Remember they have to be logged in to get the calls. It is working good for us. You might want to add more ESI Link Channels and make sure you have enough bandwidth at each location.

We are using the latest software too. Had some fixes with Call transfers.

Good Luck

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
jgosney Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Cosmo- would that work with a live answered call also- we want all incoming calls to be answered by one of our receptionist- then- if it is to be directed to the group- she hits a button on her side-car or on the VIP Attendent console- phones ring in both locations.

Thanks all for the help.

I would think you could set up an info box and then transfer the call to that. Then the call could be handled by anyone in the ACD group.

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
Also- I'm a little disappointed that the DSS lights are not active on the VIP Attendent Console with Remote users. Anyone heard about that one?
If they have not been "published" in function 834 at their own site the DSS keys will not track status at the other sites. There is limit of 30 to the "publish list". That may increase in future, if it hasn't already.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,601 Shoretel
189,482 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024