Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#465509 05/20/09 05:36 AM
Avalon Offline OP
OP Offline
On an CS-50, if i have all calls answered by ID1 then if they press 1 for sales it routes them to a ACD dept....if only one person is logged in but nobody wants to pick up the call for a few minutes......how do i program so every call gets holds indefinatley untill somebody wants to pick up........

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#465510 05/20/09 05:57 AM
Why would no one want to pick up?

Sounds counter-productive.

#465511 05/20/09 06:44 AM
Avalon Offline OP
OP Offline
what im asking is ...........if say you have 4 sales people all logged into ACD and all 4 of those people leave their desks to do what ever for a few minutes.....is there a way i can keep a caller on hold until they want to pick up?

Avalon Services
www.avalonphones.com
#465512 05/20/09 07:07 AM
Avalon, I'll write up a way for you to do this by the end of the day. While we are at it we should go ahead and program how much cream to put in each users coffee for them too.

Just kidding, I know the situation you are in. Making the dern things ring isn't enough anymore, god forbid someone should actually have to answer the friggin thing.

I'll be back! :toast:

#465513 05/20/09 07:09 AM
Leave one logged in and try putting that one in DND and see what happens or connect them to another extension and make it look busy.

If that doesn't log you out then all other calls should sit in que until they get tired of waiting for the sales people to finish their cigarette break and hang up.

Give it a try - just shooting from the hip.

#465514 05/20/09 08:10 AM
use the wrap key , and set the wrap timer to the amount of time they need.

#465515 05/20/09 10:52 AM
Avalon Offline OP
OP Offline
The wrap key may be a solution for this customer......
I think from memory DND automatically logs you out.

I wish the ESI had some kind of queing flow box.....so after a caller presses 1 for sales....they are put on hold with music & "please wait for an agent" then an extention could see 3 customers queing in dept 280 for example on the display and pick them up at their leisure........

alot of people ask for things like this......the problem as I see it with the ACD dept is that if your logged on and don't pick up the call when its your turn you get logged off....

Avalon Services
www.avalonphones.com
#465516 05/20/09 12:15 PM
I understand your thought process Avalon but there is a flaw in the logic. The ACD is just electronic equipment that needs viable input. When any of the members of the ACD dept. log in they are telling the system "I am here & ready to take calls!" So in essence when they all wander off together without logging out they are lying to the system and it can't do it's job properly under false circumstances.

I know this isn't your fault but you gotta realize is you are trying to please some pretty ignorant customers. What they need is what ESI hasn't perfected yet and that is a butt switch. When their butt is in the chair then the system recognizes their presence and delivers calls, if all 4 butts are gone at once then an alarm message is sent to the business owner and the terminations begin, problem solves itself.

Since you don't have that option here is plan B. Change the dept to an "all call" and create an info box for it to go to when no one answers. Record a line of BS in the info box and have it go to the same dept again. This creates an endless loop of 6 rings then some BS, 6 rings and some BS yada yada yada..........

Whatcha think?

#465517 05/20/09 12:28 PM
Avalon Offline OP
OP Offline
John this new product could be called ESI-Weight Management........ a sensor on each office chair detects if the person is sat in their chair.....kinda of like the airbag sensor in the passenger seat of your car.......

ESI Weight Management will take up one digital port........Beta testing will start soon.....

Avalon Services
www.avalonphones.com
#465518 05/20/09 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Avalon:
The wrap key may be a solution for this customer......
I think from memory DND automatically logs you out.

I wish the ESI had some kind of queing flow box.....so after a caller presses 1 for sales....they are put on hold with music & "please wait for an agent" then an extention could see 3 customers queing in dept 280 for example on the display and pick them up at their leisure........

alot of people ask for things like this......the problem as I see it with the ACD dept is that if your logged on and don't pick up the call when its your turn you get logged off....
It doesn't solve the probem of not havig someone logged in, but you can monitor the queue. Make a user a supervisor and they can see the queue in the desplay just like another agent. If it gets backed up have them or someone else login.

Wht you're asking for defeats the purpose of the ACD group, it's supposed to be a call center type environment where ALL calls get answered in order AND when an agent is available, not to queue a bunch of calls while everyoe does god knows what other than answering a frigging phone! :bang:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,120 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (dwflood, justbill), 105 guests, and 444 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024