web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Not looking good here today. My second cabinet is not responding, yet the power is on and I have blinking lights.

From the programming terminal, screen F page 1, all is normal. Page 2, cabinet 2, it does not list any of the card descriptions, yet it does have all of the station programming for the cards.

What is the best way to determine if the communication between the two cabinets is impaired? How can I 'cold-boot' the system to see if that clears things up?

Any other thoughts on why the slave is not being 'seen'?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

JJ Offline
Do you have a I/O MDF hooked up to second cabinet. You can pull Fiber card and is if cabinet works as stand alone, by hooking up laptop direct to second cabinet.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
Have you checked the options on the main cabinet, make sure 432 is in the options.
Rick

------------------
Komon Communications Inc. Business Communication Systems and Service

OP Offline
Okay, been away trying to 'recover' from this failure. This was a working installation, so I would not think the option for the second cabinet would have anything to do, but I shall check later.

What I have done at this point is to physically move all of the extentions from the slave and reporgram them into the master. Yes, a long task, but at least it all works now (and to think we had that much excess capacity).

I will need you guys to assist with troublshooting the hardware. My 'user manual' does not seem to cover the troubleshooting portion.

Let's start with connecting to the slave. Is the RJ45 jack on the CPU card the serial interface? If so, I will connect to that and I assume log in as I would from the RS232 port on the master. If I need to do anything different, please advise.

Once I'm connected, what can I 'see' and test through the menus? How can I test the communication between the master and slave? Where do I find some alarm indicators?

What would be some good steps to 'reset' the hardware in the slave, without resetting the configuration?

Thanks guys,
MF

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
That RJ-45 jack if its an ACPU card is for programming the flash memory chips if the card has them.
The programming ports come out of the cabinet at the bottom right corner on a 36 pin amphenol.I think in the US you guys used what they called an MDF which pins them out for you.
The reason you see the extensions on page 2 of the F screen is that the programming for the system is in cabinet 1 as well but it doesn't see the cards anymore.The cabinetsa are of course tied together through the fibre mux crads and the fibre cable.If you have the advanced fibre mux cards they do have the capability of hooking up a third cabinet so you might be able to try that and see if the port on the main cabinet fibre mux is bad.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited March 15, 2005).]

OP Offline
Are there any diognostic screens within this system to assist me in figuring out WTF is going on here?

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Online Content
Dumb question..

Have You tried Resetting the Complete System?

Shut down Cab 1 and the shut down cab 2

Turn on cab 1 , wait untill it working, then turn on cab 2 , if the system ' see's ' the second CPU, it will Reset again by-itself.

also, You ' Could ' try swapping CPU's NOTE:

Be real careful when doing this, There are Dip-Switches on the CPU's to tell the system which is Number 1 and which is Number 2

There are 8 led's on the CPU's LOOK at them, Notice the different Leds that are lite, and which ones are Blinking?

I'm going from memory here... I might be Wrong. BUT, Cpu 1 will have the Top led Blinking, and Cpu 2 will have the Top led solid ON and the 2nd from the Top Blinking

the rest of the Leds on BOTH CPU's should be On.

Also, Somebody else here did ask if You still have Your 432 Option?

If It's Gone(which, I have seen happen) YOU will Not be able to see the cards in the second cabinet.

Possible problem : You blew a Power Supply..

These are also Interchangeable...NOTE: the PS on the left side of the cabinet Plugs into the one on the Right ... ALWAYS...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
Must of this will be in response to nonameyet's post above.

I'm not sure how to 'check the 432 option'. On the main screen my system options show: VMS 540 ACD...So, is the 540 option similar to the 432 you guys are asking about? If I am way off, please tell me where to look/enable it.

On the two CPUs I found the 8 LEDS.
CPU1=Solid,off,off,off,off,off,off,off
CPU2=Blink,Solid,off,off,off,off,off,off
There are 3 green and 2 red larger LEDs near the top of the card. Both are 3 solid green and 2 blinking red, from top down.

Anyn help on where to decipher what that translates to?

As for getting my terminal connected to the slave, I can see that plug in the lower right so I may have to try and make a connector between that and my PC later.

I have not rest the system, but could do that after hours Friday. I'm worried about losing the configuration when the power goes off. How do I backup the configuration and save it someplace? What are the proper steps for shutting this thing down and powering it back up? Just flip the switch, or something thru the software?

Thanks much so far all. Please continue.

Online Content
Yes the 540 is GOOD that means You can go to 540 ports

as far as a reset.. Look at my Last Post.

as far as Saving the Database..If you have Your computer running Procomm? and it is hooked up to one of the rs232 ports usually 1 or 2 unless, your going thru a DDI then it could be ports 5 thru 10 , go to the Main menu and press ' D ' Then press ' S ' for System Backup, pick a Name for your backup, with the extenstion being ' . pgm '

for example " abcco.pgm " that will save the SYSTEM programming

look at the other options in the D screen, You can also save the ACD programming, the Auto Att programming and I think with some software versions Call Accounting (if you have it) Use the " .ACD " extenstion for ACD

The System program is about 975Kb and the ACD is about the same if not a little bigger, They Both won't fit on a 1.44MB disk though....SAVE THEM TO YOUR HARDDRIVE.

As far as Making a cable to hook-up to the 2nd cabinet... GOOD LUCK!! That connector is a 'Bastard ' config...I think its 37pin amphenol...Not 25 like standard..

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
JJ Offline
If you have a transient surpressor between your IO panel and the switch. Use one of those cables for the second cabinet.

Cable Pin out Port 1:
cable to DB25 or DB9
Green /Red 2 3
Blue/Red 3 2
--------
--------
Orange/Red 7 5
Yellow/Blue 20 4

Cable Pin out Port 2:
cable to DB2 or DB9
Green /Yellow 2 3
Blue/Yellow 3 2
--------
--------
Slate/Red 7 5
Yellow/Green 20 4

If you are shutting down system, you can flip flop ACPU cards as mentioned earlier.

If you do not need the second cabinet. System runs faster and performs better as stand-alone.

GooD Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 102 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024