web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Sooooooooooooo

Any thoughts from you guys on the new phones? ... i like the instruments themselves...

BUT ..... i hate the fact that i now have to pay $20 more per phone for my customers to be able to have 15 or 20 DSS keys....

Seems to me in a recession this is a tough pill to swallow... i can't see charging any more so in a 20 phone deal i just lost $400 or $500 of net profit... i don't like it!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Why would you eat the difference? Just look the customer in the eye and say "My cost is $20 more per phone, that's what I'll charge you".

If that's a deal breaker, then it's broken.

Carl

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I would eat the difference if i don't feel there is room to raise my prices and still be competitive.

I understand what you're saying.... i guess i was really looking to see what the other ESI guys thought. I loved the 48 key phones... TONS OF BUTTONS which is what customers seem to want.... now i have to quote the 60D phones.. which are the most expensive.

I like the phones themselves... just hate to lose margin or raise price... one of which has to happen.

I too do not like having to raise the prices. It is extremely competitive here. I like the phones also, HD, Buttons, Look.
I noticed Ipitomy did the very same thing.

I was curious if any of you ESI dealers has encountered one of your local competitors (Non-ESI Dealer) selling new ESI Comm Servers?

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by PaulatOTI:
I was curious if any of you ESI dealers has encountered one of your local competitors (Non-ESI Dealer) selling new ESI Comm Servers?
Noooo .... have you?

I would notify ESI .... they frown on that ... unless they have signed them up as a new reseller.

ESI tech support is awesome.... it should be easy to discredit any non dealer selling ESI .. they won't have access to TS.

Any chance they are a sub?

I just turned in a bid on an ESI-600 ESI-Linking to another ESI-600 accross the street. We are the only ESI Dealers in town. There was only 2 allowed offerers to bid on this project, me and the other "new" local competitor.
He quoted an ESI-200 and told the client he was getting it through one of his "sister" companies.
I did call ESI, they acted as if they were not happy either. They asked to find out the ESI Dealers name he was getting it from and they claimed they will cut off his/her dealership, void the warranty on all the equipment and refuse tech support, and refuse to activate any license.
Today is suppose to be the day they award the bid.
It looks like he is the one going to get the job.
He did not list any sub's on his bid proposal form as requested by the clients bid spec's. So we will just have to wait to see the results.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by PaulatOTI:
I just turned in a bid on an ESI-600 ESI-Linking to another ESI-600 accross the street. We are the only ESI Dealers in town. There was only 2 allowed offerers to bid on this project, me and the other "new" local competitor.
He quoted an ESI-200 and told the client he was getting it through one of his "sister" companies.
I did call ESI, they acted as if they were not happy either. They asked to find out the ESI Dealers name he was getting it from and they claimed they will cut off his/her dealership, void the warranty on all the equipment and refuse tech support, and refuse to activate any license.
Today is suppose to be the day they award the bid.
It looks like he is the one going to get the job.
He did not list any sub's on his bid proposal form as requested by the clients bid spec's. So we will just have to wait to see the results.
Did you tell the customer? .... i would suggest strongly to them that they verify in writing that they will be able to access tech support from the manufacturer... and the reason why.

Then have ESI email you a letter saying you are a dealer in good standing and they will provide you support on equipment you install .... the other guy won't be able to do that.

How can they possibly buy a solution from them under those circumstances?

SST Offline
The regular 48 key phones will still be available to support all of the ivx platform. The 48 key back-light will be discontinued.

I just got a copy of the Email from Jason at ESI where he sent the customer a letter stating the outcome should they purchase from a Non-ESI Dealer. So it's a waiting game now to see how this turns out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024