Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#46803 04/22/05 06:50 AM
OP Offline
I have questions about an ILAN board for an Executone IDS 228 system:

1. Will an ILAN board provide programming terminal capabilities to any PC running ProComm on the LAN?

2. Will it allow remote access over the Internet?

3. Does anyone know where I can get an ILAN board? I called a couple of places that stock IDS parts, but they don't have any ILAN boards on hand.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#46804 04/22/05 09:00 AM
JJ Offline
Put one in, customer never uses it.

Hard card to find and not worth the money.

The ILAN interface board and Eclipse software makes the IDS accessible to a local area net-work
(LAN). The system is addressable from any administrator’s workstation on the local
LAN segment or from any WAN station with connectivity to the LAN on which the IDS re-sides.
The ILAN board interfaces to an Ethernet 10BASE–T network supporting TCP/IP soft-ware
protocol.
The ILAN supports:
 TELNET
 TFTP
 PING
 SNMP Agent
The ILAN supports up to 10 active sessions. A session can be either a TELNET session, a
TFTP session, or a CT Link session. TFTP is limited to one active session at a time. CT
Link is limited to one active session at a time. Multiple TELNET sessions may be active at
the same time; however, TELNET sessions are limited by the number of IDS I/O ports that
are programmed for a (Computer Port) Type of 70.
The Ethernet Lan Statistics screen allows you to monitor the status of these connections.

Once an IDS system is connected to a LAN, system programming can be accessed
by anyone who knows the IP address of the system and the IDS password. Any other
network security is the responsibility of the LAN administrator.
TELNET
The ILAN board provides an additional means to access the system’s 10 I/O ports. The
ILAN board does not add additional I/O ports to the system.
Each TELNET session requires an IDS I/O port to be configured for TELNET (see
Program-ming on page 555). If your computer and the IDS system are connected to the same Ether-net
10BASE–T network (supporting TCP/IP software protocol), a TELNET application allows
your computer to connect to the IDS and function as a programming terminal.

A TELNET session functions only as a programming terminal and cannot function as
an Integrated Operator Terminal, SMDR, or any other type device.
The IDS supports VT–220 terminal emulation for TELNET sessions. (Avoid using VT–100
terminal emulations provided by some TELNET applications.) Ask your LAN system adminis-trator
for the IDS system’s IP address which you will need to make a connection through
TELNET. Refer to your TELNET documentation for information on how to make a connection
to the IDS.Depending upon the access level of the user’s password, most of the IDS programming
screens can be accessed using the LAN with the exception of BACKUP Program Memory
(selection D from the IDS Main Menu). You cannot backup or restore an IDS system using
TELNET; however, you can use TFTP to backup and restore.
Access to Select Terminal Type (Ctrl + A on the Main Menu), system Default and Reset (Ctrl
+ F on the Main Menu), and VxC Control or VXE Control (select 3 on the Main Menu) is
blocked.
The ILAN board can be remotely reset ( ILAN Reset, Ctrl + I on the Main Menu). ILAN Reset
requires the same password access level as programmed (on the Access Level program-ming
screen) for system RESET (Ctrl + G on the Main Menu).

If all else fails, use a BFH.
#46805 04/22/05 11:58 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for all the information, JJ. Of course, I have more questions now. The first thing that comes to mind is about the port limitations. You stated, "CT Link is limited to one active session at a time." Does this mean just one CT Link session and no other sessions of any kind at that time? What if I want to have, say, two Telnet sessions and one CT Link session? If I can only have one CT Link session and nothing else, could I use multiple ILAN boards in one IDS system to give me what I need?

#46806 04/24/05 02:19 PM
JJ Offline
In software versions prior to 2.5, only Class masking is supported and not Subnet
masking.

There is alot of information about the ILAN card in the nwer tech manaul and tech facts.

You can run multiple types of connections
at same time. I beleive upto 10 sessions max.

Configure each system I/O port that is to be accessed as a programming terminal using a
TELNET LAN session as follows:
In the I/O Port area of the System Programming screen:
 Set the Installd field to N (it will automatically install/uninstall as a TELNET session is
connected/disconnected)
 The Speed and Protocol are ignored. Skip over them.
 Set the Printer field to 0.
 Set the Computer Port to N and the Type field to 70.
 Set all other fields to N.
Program only those ports that are to be used as programming terminals.
TELNET cannot be used for SMDR, connections to an INFOSTAR/AP, or as an Integrated
Operator Terminal.
No I/O Port programming is required for a TFTP session.
No I/O Port programming is required for a LAN CT Link session.

If all else fails, use a BFH.
#46807 06/10/05 12:59 AM
JJ,

I just installed my first iLan card. Telnet works great! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] But now I want to do a backup via TFTP. Using the 'GET' command, I need to know the filename that I'm 'getting'. What is the IDS's database filename? Or, perhaps you can tell me the steps how you do a backup via TFTP.

TIA

------------------
- Joe Phone Guy

- Joe Phone Guy
#46808 06/10/05 12:34 PM
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
System files end in .pgm
Acd files end in .acd

Good luck.....Never tried it before..

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
#46809 06/11/05 04:11 PM
I still think that's a bit too ambiguous. Me thinks I need to have the exact file names. But, what the heck? ...I'll give it a shot next week. Unless I hear otherwise from some guru out there. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Hello! Are you out there? Mr. GURU?!

- Joe Phone Guy
#46810 06/14/05 10:54 AM
You can only save the PROGRAM memory, not LCR, Call Accounting memory, or ACD memory. The filename to use is master, and you must use binary transfer mode. I suppose you could rename the downloaded file to whatever you want with whatever extension you want, but to restore it, it must be named master and have no extension.

Additionally, you cannot restore backups made through the modem/data port using tftp.

------------------
We can forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life
is when men are afraid of the light.
- Plato

- Plato
#46811 06/18/05 06:37 AM
Orac, It worked like a charm! 'master' is definitely the DB's filename. My customer and I are very satisfied with this new feature. Backups in 91 seconds! Woohoo! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Thanks again!

- Joe Phone Guy
#46812 06/18/05 09:10 PM
Glad to hear it! Yes, it sure beats backing up over the RS-232 port or through a data port on the phone... Too bad the other programming can't be saved that way, as well-- ACD programming especially.

- Plato

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,248 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 67 guests, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024