web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#469053 11/06/08 05:24 AM
lloyd02 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am the tech support system for the deere facility in valley city.

Two days ago I did a download of class data and the phone system shut down, this happened twice.

The next day I did a download and an upload and both failed, not all the classes but most. Another system tech preformed the same upload download and that also failed.

Right now I have a tech here and he gave me the errors, which are,
Time: 2008/11/05 15:00:57
Class: 03-02
Error Information: Miscellaneous card error
Parameter 1: Card Class = HWYX
Parameter 2: Card No. = 1
Parameter 3: Other Cards
Parameter 4: Protocol error
Parameter Code: 0200:0009
As you can see there are quite a few of these errors. The errors are all the same as this one.

I am new to this system and the tech, even though is competent, he is looking confused right now.

Any help would be very helpful at this time.

The version of adix is 3.2.9 and the dbase version is 8.0.

Also the phone system is working. Let me know if there is any other info needed.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#469054 11/06/08 05:28 AM
lloyd02 Offline OP
OP Offline
I should add that I connect to the system via a segway.

#469055 11/06/08 06:26 AM
Iwatsu's error codes are notoriously cryptic. Good luck in finding out exactly what is causing those errors. If you have a good copy of the database, the first course of action sounds like a default and reload of the system. If that doesn't clear it, then you'll want to start looking at hardware...

If you want the voice of years of experience with these systems, wait for JBean to chime in. He's a veritable expert on the system.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

#469056 11/06/08 11:31 AM
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
As Keighlar noted, Iwatsu error codes are cryptic. They are so arcane that Tech Support usually mumbles something about engineers and geek-speak and recommend you just restart the system.

The codes you have listed are generally errors encountered when connected to the system during database transfers. If you are connected on site, one way to guarantee a clean download is to reduce your connection speed to 4800 bps and retry, assuming you're connected at the CPUP/HW. Software versions in the 8.x range are a little finicky if you try to do your database manipulations connected thru the EDVIF of HFIC cards. (Connecting through a Segway has its own list of little tics.)This finickiness can sometime lead to a spontaneous system reboot during a download, but it doesn't happen often. It seems the processor loses interest and shuts itself down. I've run across this a couple of times myself.

A corrupted database can cause wacky things to happen,though. Your best bet is to get a clean download and check all the programming, default the system, upload your verified clean database and reset the system.

Power supply problems can also cause this, but the most common symptom in these cases is either the system doesn't work at all, or the display on a KT seems to lock up. It depends upon which voltage is missing.

Hope this helps.

(Keighlar- I'm glad to see my check cleared :rofl: )

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 121 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024