My Iwatsu and Asterisk integration project has come along quite well. I've posted some information about this earlier, but the long and short of it is that the Asterisk PBX sits between the PSTN and my ECS box, handing off calls to the ECS only when a human needs to be involved. The connection between the two for this is via T1s. Using this system I've processed over 20K calls without a hitch.

The Asterisk box also serves as my voicemail server, connected via an eight-port analog card in the ECS and a channel bank on the Asterisk box. It, too, works well.

I'm now turning my attention to the use of SIP within my office. I'd like to use the Iwatsu for SIP paging and gate control. I know the devices I want to use for the purpose and know I need SIP licenses on the ECS to enable it.

During my research I came across the Esna TOL installation guide, which gave me the clues I needed to come to the realization that I can do so much more than paging and gate control. Specifically, I'd like to connect to voicemail via SIP instead of analog, and I can also gather ECS status information on extensions availability, among other goodies. Based on that guide I think I have all of the hardware cards for the ECS that I need. I'm now interested in learning more about Iwatsu's implementation of CSTA to see if it's proprietary or more open.

My problem is that I've been unable to actually discuss this with my salesman despite trying for over a month. We've played phone tag, exchanged emails and yet I still don't have the information I'd like, including that aforementioned inplementation and prices. So I've taken matters into my own hand and have use the great oracle known as Google to assist.

Looking around the net it appears as though the CSTA via LAN net license runs around $X. SIP licenses appear to be in the ballpark of $X/channel. Based upon my reading I think I'll be able to get what I want from my ECS with little difficulty.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has used CSTA via LAN to connect to any voicemail server other than Esna's TOL and what insights you may be able to offer.

Thanks in advance.

**Edited to remove pricing**