web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi Every One

I have VIG ip phone and im using Dsl Internet service on my home before I used my ip phone at my office with static ip adrees , i did aseing static ip adress on my ip phone and i used to make call by ip to ip ... its working good ... but now im useing Dsl internet service with DHCP protocol and i also conntect my ip phone as DHCP protocol .. now i have daynmic ip like local ip 192.168.0.15 ... now i dont know how to make call with local ip to ip ? bcoz when i dial my local Ip its not conntecting with my other ip phone .... i heard about Ip phone MAC adrres ..... is it posibel to make call by MAC adress to MAC address ? pls if any one know about this do replay me Im waiting for ur replay

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Exactly what are you trying to do?
and where did you get the ip number in your example?

Sounds like you are trying to call an IP phone back at your office from your home? if that is the case you would have to VPN into your office. the IP's in your office I am going to assume are private and not public that is why it is now not working.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited June 09, 2005).]

Your IP of 192.168.x.x is a private IP. Private IP address will not route to your office without a VPN. You need to set up a VPN between house & office.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
OP Offline
Thanks a lot for replay all of u .. yes im useing private ip like 192.168.0.15 .... now i wana make call ip to ip .... so plese tell me how can i make VPN ?

Check out your routers/internet appliance or gateway. Some of these have VPN technology built in. I usually use IPSEC protocol. You'll find setup easier if you have an identical gateway at both ends.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Are you wanting to hide where the calls coming from?
It sounds to me like you want to make a call from an IP phone to another IP phone then have it make the call. Am I reading it right or is that type of call traceable. I'm betting it's a way to hide.

Most systems I've seen the phone needs to connect to a KSU or something and let that connect to the other phone. Once the call is connected through the KSU then (depending on which system it is) the phones can send packets directly to each other for the duration of the call.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Where did you go Veedy BlueEyes?
https://www.ksatoday.com/
is this you: osama Y. AL-Snieh
[email protected]
I still wondering why you want to do this?
Can you explain?
Sorry for being so cautious but folks with names like that in your part of the country tend to use us to teach you how to bring us down...if ya know what I mean.
Veedy BlueEyes IP address 212.138.64.174

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,091 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, nfcphoneman), 134 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024