web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#473546 06/28/11 12:24 PM
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
One of biggest arguments against voip is the cost of upgrading wiring to use it. Well I recently discovered a new product made by Phybridge. It will allow the deployment of ip phones over existing cat 3 using one pair. It will allow a distance of 1200 feet from switch to phone as well.
You install the voip "Uniphyer" voip enabler between the data switch the ip system is connected to and your cat 3 IDF using a standard amped 25 pair cable. Then you crossconnect as you normally would either from a 66 or 110 block. At the station end you plug the ip phone into a PhyAdapter (a buscuit jack) which converts the one pair usoc back to ethernet and plug the adapter into the wall jack. No power supply is needed because POE is also provided on the same one pair from the UniPhyer.

You centrally converge with the customer's data network for access to other sites.
The Phybridge provides POE, QOS and a dedicated path for voice with no interference with the data side.

This system is designed to deploy voip phones. It is not designed to run normal office data applications. The bandwidth per port is 175k down and 2500k up. This is fine for one call per port but is not enough for web browsing.

Here is their link

https://www.phybridge.com/uniphyer-ip-phones.aspx

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This has been out for a while, it was posted here a few years back...does it work?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
I don't know from experience but it looks good to me. I know that a very old upscale Hotel in Va Beach used it to deploy Mitel ip phones to every room using existing cat 3 cable.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024