web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
110 Offline OP
OP Offline
i can hear FM radio on all lines at the demarc. this is not related to the "cut demarc" post. same customer, different site.

any troubleshooting methods reccommended?

--jp

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
You may very well hear FM and AM transmissions on dry (non-powered) pairs, which is normal. This is a very common occurence, most likely due to a nearby transmitter. The FCC mandates that telcos must filter this interference to a certain extent.

If the pairs have dial tone working on them and they still have RFI, then you should contact the telco's repair department for resolution. Remember that they are not responsible for inside wiring, so make sure that this interference is occuring on the pair at the building entrance terminal.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
well i dont know much about AM radio but i do know it can be a strange beast. I used to get mets games after sun down on my home line until ma bell changed the cable running down my street. Just so you know im in montreal, miles from the nearest mets affiliate!

Jay, a recovering IT guy

Gary
We have a 50,000watt radio station in my town and if a pair would start to go open within a 1mile radius of that tower you could hear that station so clear you'd think you were listening to MOH.

Check for bad splices and damged wiring on your end. If you're all good give the TelCo. a call.

A CST's favorite numbers:0962/600

Moderated by  EV607797 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 189 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024