Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
fbtech Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to forward an ext to a cell phone #
I verified that the speed dial bin works correctly. When the fwd is active, i can see prdv
on the screen , then a port to port connection on
outbound pri channels, then "drvt" which meant no
line available and call is dropped. I think the lcr is needed for the outbound xfer to proceed,
any ideas.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Couple of things:
1. When you store number in speed dial bin, you MUST store a pause as the first character (*4 I think is the right keystrokes). This is the most common error.
2. Diverted calls will go out on a trunk in group 1. So, you must have an available trunk in that group.
3. "dvrt" means divert or forward to external number - this is a good sign.
4. I don't think that you need LCR, but you MAY need to activate "Senderized digits" on 2nd page of M screen.
Make sure you have the pause stored then try again before you go deeper into troubleshooting.
Cheers
Mike

fbtech Offline OP
OP Offline
ok i verified the * 4 and allowed senderized digits, but same result. line dropped

We could not get call diversion to work with a PRI. Are the line on a PRI?

It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have!
fbtech Offline OP
OP Offline
yes , we have pri lines

END Offline
1)What Software is your system running?
If your system is lower than 2.5.0
there can be several issues.
2)I would also try programing the System
Speed dial bin "*4*1 XXX/XXX-XXXX".

not sure about the PRI's but I do have the call divert working on the T1's. for diverted calls, group 1 is a must but make sure that you press the "*" key twice for the * to register. I used **1 for my pause. if i recall **4 was a wait for dial tone pause.
tj

I believe *4 is a wait for dial tone prefix since PRI won't have dial tone that probably wont work.

If you have software prior to Eclipse 3.0, fwd to sys spd (or fwd to sta spd, or call diversion, or the ACD equivalent) doesn't work with PRI. This was a known limitation, included with software documentation for all releases up to 2.5or6.something, when they thought they fixed it, but it wasn't really fixed before 3.0. If you can't upgrade to 3.0, there is a workaround, but for everything but call diversion it's a real kluge unless you have LCR because fwd to sys or sta spd always uses trunk group 1. The workaround is to put in one or more POTS lines, and put them in trunk group 1 (move the group 1 PRI channels, any other group 1 trunks, and assciated group keys etc. to other groups of course). Note that the integrated operator terminal box and any single line device will also use these group 1 trunks for outgoing calls, since they can't use a group key to specify a different group. But once you've done this, and used *4 (dial tone pause) or *1 (1 second pause) as described above, you should see the forwarded calls go out the POTS line(s) even if they came in PRI. With LCR, it's not as bad, because you can use the exceptions table to send the number in sys spd to whatever group you've put the POTS lines in. In this case, you can leave group 1 as is and use some other trunk group as your fwd outgoing - the key is that that group must be POTS or T1, not PRI.

I'm actually trying to do this with PRI on Eclipse 3.0 and it doesn't work. In testing, I call in, and dial ext that is forwarded. In C screen you see incoming call go "dvrt", but it never picks up a second channel. Only when the incoming call disconnects, you see the second channel come up for a brief moment, then both channels drop. Also tried sending call to ACD group, play message then fwd to speed dial. No difference. PRI is in Trunk group 1. Any ideas?
Mike

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,572 Shoretel
189,444 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 123 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024