web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
This category is open to all who want to make recommendations to those who are considering moving to VOIP. What to do before you change.

Here at Auditel Inc. we recommend:
1st have an audit performed if your company is large and you are changing providers.

It is easier to get those refunds before you leave the current provider than after.

This group is so great with comments and solutions. This forum is the place to come if you have a telecom question.
welcome

Barbara Clements
President

Auditel Inc.
www.auditelinc.com
[email protected]
Colorado office: 719-689-5953
Orlando office: 800-473-5655
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

See solution discussed on this thread. https://www.sundance-communications.../ubb/get_topic/f/30/t/000027.html#000013
It's the only solution we've found to be good enough to recommend for commercial use. Without using a router that takes total control of the ISP connection, you won't get the QOS you need for toll quality.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
So, whatever happened to it? The original thread is pretty old. Did anyone ever use it? I am at my wits end with the current craze to jump on the VoIP bandwagon when anything that relies upon the public Internet is (at best) unreliable. I sure would like to know because it sounds too good to be true.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
My question is how are 911 calls routed if you have voip service at your home/office ?

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Yes. We have several sites using it. Biggest problem is getting DID numbers that are local, but the technical side has worked well. One of the key factors is that Patton has the capability to slow down inbound data based on VOIP traffic. For 911 we are using an ARS table to reroute all 911 calls to (1) a local pots line that's connected to the Patton box or (2) the phone number of the local county dispatch through the IP carrier. And of course you could do this same thing on your PBX but the above works well for key systems.
We've also figured out how to do 7 digit dialing for the local numbers where the box was installed.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
OP Offline
Thanks to everyone for terrific info! Keep those cards and letters coming!

Barbara Clements
President

Auditel Inc.
www.auditelinc.com
[email protected]
Colorado office: 719-689-5953
Orlando office: 800-473-5655
Good Post! As a long time phone installer, seeing the line between phone systems and computer systems disappear over the last 10 yrs. I have linked up with several PC companies.We do their voice work along with all network wire,they do all our PC work. This has worked out pretty well,but with voip I'm now thinking to hire in house network person just for intergration help.We phone installers always complained about PC people not knowing proper terminology now the shoe is on the other foot----------John

Originally posted by OBTW:
My question is how are 911 calls routed if you have voip service at your home/office ?
If you sign up through a VoIP provider, you generally have the ability when signing up the account/number to register it to a specific location.

For example ;When you sign up 555-111-1234 at a VoIP provider you enter a form that this is my home office and if I dial 911 I want police to show up at my home office location. This works if you're not moving your VoIP location.

They also have e911 is some areas that delivers your location and callback number automatically to local 911 emergency services personnel. This service is expanding.

As someone else mentioned, ARS - route selection is also used.

Hope that helps some.

Regards,

Amanda Blain
Channel Sales Manager
Toll Free 888.332.9322 x147
Web www.talkswitch.com
Issues to be aware of with VoIP is that if you port a number you may not get it back. Most VoIP providers are refusing outbound LNPs. Some don't even control the numbers as a carrier but have them registered so they are the owner of the numbers. frown

Also verify (in writing) that they will have you listed in Directory Assistance. Many don't.

I would also test the avg. latency from your site to theirs and see how that packet hops. Could be close.... could be a round the world ticket....

And finally...
If the company is so cheap that they think VoIP will save them money, they probably don't have the IT systems in place to support it.

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,656 Shoretel
189,549 CTX100 install
187,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024