web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4761 01/27/05 09:04 AM
OP Offline
I have been a longtime member of this forum. I enjoy this forum cause its easy to read, clear ledgeable display and tons and tons of helpful information.

BUT.....there is something that is starting to happen that is kind of hitting a sour note with myself and i am sure some others. I have noticed newly registered people going from forum to forum posting responses to posts that are old or have been answered already or simply posting responses of no value.

I have noticed many endusers posting questions regarding simple care and feeding of their phone system which is OK. Years ago there was nothing like a forum like this, so its a welcome addition into the ever changing world of telecom.

I am asking that to all newly registered techs and techettes, please have some consideration and dont do this. In particular, in the Vodavi forum a post was started regarding the use of the hard disk voice mail for the STS, which turned into a completely different topic.

I for one sell the VODAVI and would like to hear more about their products in the field just as you all would also.

HUMOUR is a good thing when used in a proper manner.

I hope I didnt hit a wrong nerve to anybody, If I did, re-read this post a second time over and you will then understand what Im trying to say.

I would like to take this time and thank you all for reading this and understanding.

Mitch Taylor

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#4762 01/27/05 09:08 AM
OP Offline
I think I rearranged a couple of paragraphs here....

What I meant is that for all the techs and techettes who are posting questions lets stick to answering their responses pertaining to their original question. Lets not stray away into a completely different topic which then adds another handful of unneccessary responses...

Hope that cleared it up.......

Thankx.

#4763 01/27/05 12:14 PM
Agree sort of. A lot of topics kinda drift off, think you're taking this a little to personal buddy. I do agree however that we should stay on topic and the other stuff should be posted in the phone booth.
My 2 cents

Retired phone dude
#4764 01/27/05 07:45 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Mitch, the mods have been discussing this issue as well. We will be addressing it soon. Thanks for the input.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#4765 01/28/05 01:57 AM
groundstart...as the person that started the post in the vodavi forum that you have chosen to single out, I think you are out of line here.
Anyone that reads that thread will see that the anwswers that I was looking for were given and some harless humor was injected to make our stressful days a little more enjoyable.
Sounds to me like you are sensitive to a little fun being poked at real estate agents in general and it seems to be eating at you.
I assume you've never told a joke about lawyers, or blondes, or (the list could go on and on...). If you haven't then good for you...if you have then save your preaching for someone else. Just because you have 600 posts on this public forum and I only have 50 does not make you the tec-talk god that you seem to want to be.

BTW if you want everyone to stick to the topics that this board is created for, why would you post "who make the beat electric shaver"???
Since when does shaving have anything to do with communications?
Please practice what you preach

Timbo

#4766 01/28/05 05:30 AM
OP Offline
who make the beat electric shaver???????

what the heck is that?

I think the mods know what Im talking about....

#4767 01/28/05 06:26 AM
Not to get in the middle of your tiff

I think he is referring to your Post December 06, 2003 12:13
"I need some recommendations from any of you scruffy phone men on whats a good electric shaver....

Mitch "

#4768 01/28/05 07:57 AM
OP Offline
wasnt it in the phone booth section........

#4769 01/28/05 08:17 AM
umm no actually it was in the General forum.
You have many Phone unrelated comments in that Forum.
(as I throw fuel to the fire)
I believe also that many times an original question to an issue was actually brought on by another issue. Requiring one to go down another path to fix that issue. If that makes any since.
If one cant laugh at themselves, then they must be shot. IMHO

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited January 28, 2005).]

#4770 01/28/05 08:24 AM
I agree, Mitch. I've read several threads that shift topics to something unrelated to the original post. I also think there should be some kind of time limit on posting to threads to prevent very old topics from being brought to the front by a new user. If they have a comment or question about an old topic, email the original poster. Light humor that relates to the original post is ok, but general humor should be in the phone booth. Just my two cents worth.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 115 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024