web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I am dealing with a similar issue. The LEC is Windstream (should be called "SmokeScreen") and the situation has become ridiculous. In the good 'ole days, everything was on copper and it was reliable. Today, even this "nut case" LEC is using HDSL from co to co and even to SLiCs. My terminal current is 45 ma. and I have installed Mike Sandman's modem conditioners to bring it down to about 25 ma. I got the problem of the FAX just plain not working to working most of the time. I really believe it is a matter of the LEC's equipment not being able to properly handle FAX data through multiple conversions. The problem, in my opinion, is that, even though everything gets converted to data, FAX is data converted to analog and then converted back again to data, but not the exact same way. Just drop a bit from the stream and immediately there are problems.

I will be watching this thread closely because I have to have a face to face with the hospital administrator and the LEC over this issue and it appears to be very similar to my problem. My advice, however, is make sure you measure the terminal voltage and current and get that in the correct place (48 to 55 VDC on hook, 5-10 VDC off hook and no more than 25 ma.)If any of these are out of range, then a call to Mike Sandman is in order to provide conditioning of the FAX line. That way, you can pretty much eliminate the terminal equipment and then concentrate on the LEC or carrier for the problem.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Hi Rcaman!

This topic actually covers people reaching a "number has been disconnected" recording when calling a telephone number that has been recently ported to a new service provider.

I think there was another topic that covered high current readings.

I Love FEATURE 00
Thanks, I got that. I have just gotten into the loop of doing everything at the customer location, first. When asked, Thornhil never came back with a current value of the loop. In my case, I am getting the same kind of message, as well, but I know it's the circuit from the LEC not a portability issue.

All I know is Mike Sandman has gotten rich because the LECs don't adhere to the old BellCore specs. Since the FCC has taken over it's the "Wild, Wild West" in terms of circuit quality and specifications. Does anyone remember when you could request a point to point test from the CO? A CO tech would logon with a SARTS terminal and could watch the entire setup and take down and could tell you if there was a problem and where?

Rcaman

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
Well the answer is a disconnected LD Co due to corp letting the service expire. Thanks for all your help

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
thanks for the update , i would have a expected a "ld" intercept in that case

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Think Dex nailed it sounds like a porting issue you can ask for an audit and rebroadcast aka a refresh as mentioned

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,131 Shoretel
188,989 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (James D., Toner, highlysecptial), 103 guests, and 208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024