web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#479124 03/05/06 02:46 PM
OP Offline
I mentioned the Barrier Bar in another post and I would like to share some other protection devices that are out there.

Another great unit that some of you may not have seen before:
https://sentrol.inherent.com/products/PRD_Det_about.asp?PID=2100&ListID=27
The Sentrol Magnapull is an armored cable that can be ordered in different lengths with a reed switch sealed in the end of it. The magnet is available in a surface mount or a flush mount style. These units are great for protecting outdoor items such as barbeques, bikes, trailers, motorcycles, lawn mowers, etc.

You install having the armored cable come out of your house or garage. You can install the magnet on the device needing protection (the surface mount mag has a hidden screw on it so if the mounting screws are removed, the mag stays on the device and trips the alarm). A better way to install it is to have the magnet installed on your house so that the cable comes out, loops around the protected device, and plugs back into the house again. By doing it this way, when the device is away (your motorcycle for example) you can plug the unit back in and still use the alarm without having to bypass that zone.

If someone trys to steal the device, it pulls the reed out of the mag holder and trips the alarm. The cable is stainless steel and cutting it will also cause a trip. BTW, I have these installed on my ladder rack protecting my fiberglass ladders on the roof of my van wired to the van's alarm. They work great.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#479125 03/06/06 04:06 AM
I have seen these I was thinking about putting one on my jet skis trailer. I like the idea of using the cable as a loop instead of mounting it to the unit

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
#479126 03/06/06 04:17 AM
That brings to mind one of the strangest things I have been asked to protect. We had a Docter that had us put those cables around several palm trees he had at his office. Seems he had replaced them several times due to a tree napper.

#479127 03/06/06 05:39 AM
that is funny, I was thinking about running one out to my backyard and sticking it around my grill, I have already had a propane tank vansih on me

#479128 03/06/06 09:01 AM
OP Offline
Anthonyh, I have a ton of people here that use them for jet skis. Order a long one that you can loop through both machines and the trailer.

Johnyreb, never done a palm tree, but I do have those floor mount overhead door contacts on cast iron planters and a statue of the Virgin Mary!

#479129 03/06/06 09:35 AM
Wow that's pretty low, stealing a statue of the Virgin Mary. I've seen some really stupid stuff doing alarms. The worst was this little whole in the wall arts/crafts store. On a good day she maybe had a $100 in the store, and that one place got broken into more times than any of our other clients. They were serious about it too, the last one I can remember, somebody actually hooked a chain to the power service coming in and yanked it with a truck and damn near yanked the whole wall down in an effort to defeat the alarm. Thousands of dollars damage for what? On the other hand, I have seen the work of some really smart guys too defeating alarms, I won't get into those for obvious reasons. Suffice it to say, they have either worked on alarms before or sat in on a few Burgular 101 classes in jail.

#479130 03/06/06 05:19 PM
OP Offline
The big thing around here is they take out the pedestal box at the road by driving over it then they cut all the feeders in it. They don't seem to care about the siren wailing away, they just want to buy some time on the system calling anywhere. One customer, Bell has had to repair 400 pair feeders 3 times now thanks to the crooks. The system is on a DVACS line now (dedicated secure polled line) but when the monitoring station gets the offline signal, it's already too late, the damage is done.

#479131 03/06/06 11:51 PM
Not to smart for the theifs, turns a break in into a federal issue since the cuts the phone lines like that

I noticed this while I was threw Philadelphia jewelry district...all the stores have stickers in the windows...."DO NOT CUT PHONE LINES, SECURITY SYSTEM IS ON A CELLULAR BACKUP"

I wonder how well that actually works

#479132 03/07/06 12:42 AM
Originally posted by anthonyh:
DO NOT CUT PHONE LINES, SECURITY SYSTEM IS ON A CELLULAR BACKUP"

I wonder how well that actually works
The cell back up or the stickers? We have used cell backup on a few applications, and it worked very well even way out in the sticks. As far as the stickers, they probably have a significant effect as long as it's not a Radio Shack sticker. I've long believed that the main thing an alarm will do for you is increase the chances that the burgular will go next door to a little easier pickings. But if they want in, they are coming in and your system can be as foolproof as your budget allows.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 189 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024