Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#479492 09/03/06 09:07 AM
thomast Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm in the process of adding a new motion sensor and have a question. I have a Vista panel and want to add a new zone for the new sensor. Can anyone help me with the programming to do this? I have the sensor mounted and wired and it seems to be picking up motion. I did notice the other motion sensor I have has 2 power wires and 2 marked R. The new sensor I purchased has 2 power and 3 others marked NC C EOL.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

thomast Offline OP
OP Offline
Think I found the destructions on programming the zones, just needed another beer.

Did you get it to work?

thomast Offline OP
OP Offline
Not yet. I tried to enter the default installer code that the manual stated to get into programming mode and no luck. I'm using xxxx x x. It's a Vista 10. Maybe the installer code was changed when it was installed. The only code I have is the Master. Now I'm thinking about resetting the thing by removing the battery and unplugging it. Then running through the set up again.

If you do not have the correct installers code, just powering down the system will not give yo a full reset. you will need to know what the installers code is.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Thomas, obviously a different company installed and programed the original system? Like Anthony pointed out, it will not default, you need that code.

Another solution may be to add the second motion in series with the first. The trouble with this is you will only have one zone for both motions. So if the alarm trips you will not know what area caused the alarm. But without the installers code this will be the only way to add the second motion.

thomast Offline OP
OP Offline
The original panel was purchased new with the house it is less than 2 years old. It was working fine till I added an extra motion sensor and got in the programming part.

Ok I removed the panel and installed an Ademco 20P now the keypad is not compatible, just plain blank so I place an online order for an Ademco Graphic Touch Screen Keypad – 6270 hope this will work so I can program the panel. I do have a laptop and the compass software just never used it I think it take a special modem.

thomast Offline OP
OP Offline
Anthony thanks, I’m past the point. I will get it working if it takes me all week.

You are correct about the compass software, you will need a special modem...their should be a list of them with the compass software. As far as the 6270, I have never used it to program, I always used a 6160. Please let us know if you are able to program via the 6270. Personally I always like to install 2 keypads in a home. One at the main entrance and one in the master bedroom. this way if the alarm trips at night, you know what zone went off...just a thought if the 6270 do not work out for programming...good luck...keep us posted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,730 Shoretel
189,774 CTX100 install
187,934 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 111 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024