Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#480249 06/29/07 10:34 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer using a Panasonic KTA-624 system in his rather large home. The main gate to the property is a very long distance from the house (mansion). When someone arrives at the gate they press a specific button on the keypad which will use a modem to access a specific phone line and dial the main number to the house. Inside the house the call comes in as a traditional incoming call. When the call is answered inside the house a code is entered on the keypad and the gate opens.

The problem the homeowner has is he can't open the gate until someone has opened the line from the gate location. In the current scenario if there was a circumstance inside the home where an ambulance was needed he would want to be able to open the gate by placing a call to the modem at the gate and then entering the code when it goes off hook. That way when the ambulance arrived the gate would already be open. This also would apply if the family were expecting numerous guests for dinner. The home owner could open the gate at 6:30 and eliminate the hassle of each guest calling the house.Currently the modem ignores incoming calls or at least it did for 17 rings.

Thanks for the future info!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I used to maintain one for a customer it didn't work by modem , the phone line went through it like a rj31x

as I recall it did a call waiting type thing if the phone was in use and someone was trying to call from the gate .

you could also open the gate with a star code from any phone in the house and use a star code to close it .

also allowed temp passwords you could say set a password for a party , then delete that password when the party was over .

I don't recall the name right off , I'm sure one of the alarm guys will chime in .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
what I did was put a corby keypad at the gate, I connected the relay from the 624 to the RTE of the corby keypad. This way the csr could dial the code on any phone to open the gate. without a call being initialized first. You would also be able to add a programmable timer also connected to the RTE, this way they could set it to open at a certain time and then have it close. The big difference is my loop was only about 500', I am not sure how this would work at such a distance. As far as the ambulance they sell a unit to reacts to the siren and light of emergency vehicle's, and will open the gate automatically. some thing like this.

Would you be able to use something like a viking RAD-1A, it is a phone line powered remote access unit, you could put this at the gate, connect it to the RTE, and program a speed dial on the phones to access the unit, it then gives you either a normally open or closed contact which can open and close the gate

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
dup post

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Nevermind, missed the part about the phone-line going through a PBX. Delete this post.

I think all you are asking is that the unit at the gate be able to pick up when it's CO number is called. Then the customer would be able to enter the code to open the gate as usual. Don't see why that should be a problem, I think most good gate controls will do this and the ones I have seen will. Check out Door King.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
OOPS.. I may have confused things with the reference to the Panasonic KSU. The gate controller keypad has 1 phone line to it and that line is dedicated. When an arrival at the gate needs access basically the unit at the gate accesses that one phone line and speed dials the main number to the house. The problem is it is a one way communication. If a call is made from the house to that special gate number the unit has no answering active or a method of going off hook.

does the gate line start at the house and then feed out to the gate , or does the gate line come to a drop at the gate ?

dedicated line just for the gate seems a bit excessive if you have cable to house

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Since the gate modem is ignoring inbound calls, and it's dedicated ringdowns connect to the homephone as traditional calls: At least as a temporary solution, can he call his homephone from a cellphone, answer his own call, and enter the code from his cellphone to open the gate?

Are there any spare pairs between the gate opener and the house?

I have used telephone cable pairs to open the gate from the house many times. If you have enough pairs you can do just about anything from the house that you can from the keypad.

Example: If you only have one pair between the opener and the house you can put it on a momentary switch and connect it to the RTE leads in the opener. Pressing the switch will open the gate for the amount of time set in the opener.

Also, many openers have wireless remote ability just like garage door openers if the distance isn't too far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,361 Shoretel
189,038 CTX100 install
187,401 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, dexman), 126 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024