web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#483602 05/30/05 06:49 PM
OP Offline
I have to admitt his has been an adventure. Been wanting to conenct up some 1a2 phones to a home phone experiment which consists of an Asterisk pbx, some ata adapters giving 4 lines and the regular incomming phone line. There's a few phones floating around my garage to play with. Also have a 620 , 8 line unit and a power supply but no interrupter. No manuals or schematics, but I am going to try and hook it all up sometime. Interesting to see that I am not the only one trying to do this!

You can always tell when something is old if it says "Made in USA"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you have a power supply for a 620 panel the interrupter is in it.

After thinking about this a bit, seems like they did make a power supply without an interrupter in it. I'm sure someone else will verify this.
Bill

[This message has been edited by justbill (edited May 31, 2005).]

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If your power supply is a 79B5 series, then the interruptor goes inside of it. If yours is simply missing from the power supply, I can probably scrounge one up for you.

Connections on the 620A panel are pretty easy, so when you have your interruptor and are ready to go, I can assist you with the connections. Just let me know.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
The power supply that I have is a WE 19C2 . It appears that the interrupter is separate from the supply. The 620 a2 panels i have evidently had molex connectors attatched at one time but that's long gone. Perhaps I just have to look around for more stuff to make it complete. I was able to hook up the power supply and get the line cards to work and hook up to the ATA and get dial tone. Hopefully the 1a2 stuff isn't impossible to find

I have an intact 620A panel (with connectors and everyting), the proper power supply (w/ interrupter) 8 ktu's, a comdial 6 line set (2500 clone) and a 6 line SC set (needs new cord) you can have for shipping.

Rotary500:

If the Molex connector on the 620's power cord is missing, I think you would be pissing up a rope to make it work. The color code used in that cable is nothing standard and I think you will end up with more blown fuses that you might care to replace!

It used to be that 620 panels were everywhere and we threw dozens of them away. Now, we can't find them anywhere! I would take up Codasco704's free offer and pay for shipping. You can't go wrong there.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

[This message has been edited by ev607797 (edited June 07, 2005).]

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
I like this idea, one can never have too many parts! It will be nice to get the system running.

OP Offline
Thanks to codasco the 1a2 system is up and running! I appreciate the help that came from this message board that helped take my phone hobby to a new level! It's nice to have working 1a2 phones in the house.

This is a great forum.

I have some 554's, 2565's and a 2851, all 5 button phone sets. I am interested in acquiring a KSU and other associated equipment to set up a system in my home (a little side track to my SxS project). Would anybody be able to give me a description of what I would need to get this going (KSU, interrupter, power supply, etc) and sources for equipment?

John

It depends upon how many lines you will be, but likely, all you will end up needing is a "shoebox" KSU which comes with everything but line cards. You just buy the appropriate number of line cards you will need. The Western Electric 551C is an excellent choice for a four-line unit. The ITT 601A is also great for up to five lines. Some of us here, myself included, have some of this stuff around.

Just figure out what you will need configuration-wise (lines, stations, intercom or not, cable runs and lengths required) and I will see what I can do to get you set up. I also have the 25 pair cables with female connectors in long lengths (up to 200 feet) in stock, so I am sure we can get you going in no time.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 150 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024