web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A Talk battery DC supply With nothing connected? there would be no introduction of noise from anywhere else other than cable pair or connection faults. This is again dc in it's true form. This what we talk on!!!!!! Hello

The noise??? Other than what?

ITT 601 is the same spec as a Weco. I give up.

Again, I'm funny and can fix it. The good guys are almost dead or on the real deal of dead low voltage and various apps in this subject.

I'm still pissed at all mistakes I made with IA2.

This keeps me going for the love of this business..

Charlie

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I'm not sure about what you are asking here.

I didn't see anything about noise unless you are speaking of the original thread started last year. Those issues seem to have been resolved back in October.

Sorry to disagree, but the 601 was very, very different from WECO other than standard 1A2 functionality. Perhaps you are thinking of ITT's 501? That KSU was functionally and physically equivalent to WECO.

ITT came up with the 601 and WECO came up with the 551C about the same time, but they were very different in many ways.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I understand Ed .. I am only talking fixing 1a2 theory. ITT or Western does not matter.

The fuse potential was much worse on western electric key service units than the ITT

You should know this?

Thanks for the help, but I still have a question. I know the 401 cards are talk only, no dial capability. But why is the 601 considered having an intercom capability? Is it a separate card that plugs in?

Bill
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Bill, the ITT 601 did have IC capability. As previously discussed, it warn't cheap. And if I recall correctly, you had to add a DTMF decoder card to make it work with touch-tone. And if you didn't protect both the CO lines and the AC power, the IC card would save the rest of the cabinet by dying first. I believe it went in the bottom slot. Some of the 601's came with a board layout glued inside the cover. Maybe you're 1 of the lucky ones. And if you peek all around the card slots, I believe they were marked in some way also. Been too long, sorry. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
"I know the 401 cards are talk only, no dial capability."

Let me be mistaken the 401 cards are a family of cards..I don't get the question?

The Intercom card is simular to any 401. Although, one would need to wire talk batery in to the KTU 400 TR intercom card off a DC source from the power supply. Again we talk on DC supper imposed. Once you begin to talk the wave is now AC.

Hope this helps you?

I only know of the 401A and 401B. Is there another part of the family I don't know about? My understanding of the 401 card is that it only allows a talk circuit when the button is pushed, there is no type of dial capability with this card. So to make it functional you would have to have a separate paging or signaling system to let someone know you wanted to talk to them on the intercom.

Bill
Yes used to use manual signal and buzzer system.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Jim & Phonenut are correct. The 401 A required an 'A' lead; the 401B did not. They both provideded the same thing - a filtered talk path. You would use them with a button & buzzer system or with a matching transformer (WMT-1) as an access to a PA system (there was a contact closure that worked really well for muting the BGM.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
There is no type of dial capability with this card.?

If you connect the right DC voltage, again talk battery to the card it will DTMF.. The A lead is a off hook through the switch hook and dial pad..

Options might have to be changed in the set.

If you need a weco 400 intercom card let me know..

My point is that you can Use a Viking product with any exsisting line input of a 400d if you don't have this intercom card.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024