web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
I didn't say that it is not CALLED "ground." I said that it has no earth reference, and therefore cannot "leak" to earth through wet tires. Go set a D cell on the wet sidewalk, with its positive button facing down, and no other connection to it. Tell me if it runs down.

The "ground" side (negative or positive) is called that as an easy way to differentiate it from "hot." It could just as easily be called "return."

(The British refer to it as "earth" but they call everything that is grounded "earth," so that's irrelevant.)

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

KLD Offline
Sorry, again off topic....but.......
Gee....Arthur, can you still set the cam on a reperforator? Ribbon feed vs. tape feed? Ratchet pin vs. wire? Ever use an optical reader on that TTY? Use burst? We had TTY set up for high speed UHF radio signal at the MidWest Relay....real fun.

Yes, the good old days....aren't we glad they are gone? laugh

Ken
---------
I am constantly scolding my teenagers for walking around like Zombies, "texting." I call it the "cellular telegraph" and they look at me like the Luddite that I am. I'm sorry, but the telephone is a perfectly adequate way of communicating, I tell them, and my salary from the telephone industry has provided you all the goods and services that you need or want. Why have you regressed to a technique from the 1860's? I ask. Sheesh.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

KLD Offline
:rofl: :scratch:

Ken
---------
off topic, but on a Cisco router when you program the console connection, the command is
'line con vty', which stands for Virtual TeletYpe...
just some useless trivia!
Aah, texting...the way my generation communicates...my parents just don't understand laugh

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
What get's me about texting is when the participants are adjacent to each other! I suppose that way, no one can eavesdrop, and they can say things they don't want others to hear. If that's the reason, maybe they need to find something more productive to do? frown John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Cell phones (they are not telephones, they are radios), are hellspawn.

I refused for a very long time to use a cell. My last job forced one in my hand.

When I wasn't using a cell, one of my friend's from high school asked me how people would get in contact with me. I said: "They don't." HA!

Call me at home, if I'm not there, leave me a message and I'll get back to you. WHAT'S SO DIFFICULT ABOUT THAT!? IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST 25 YEARS OF MY LIFE!

Cell phones...the ultimate way your pr**k of a boss can keep you at work 24/7.

Guess I didn't pay much attention when I posted. These post are drifting all over the place. Let's get her back on topic. Thanks. topic

Retired phone dude
I love this thread...some of you guys are absolutely brilliant!

I'm starting to get a 1A2 craving, myself!

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!
Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, back on topic:

I think I screwed up when I rewired the cord to my 564. If you recall, I rewired it as a 565, with an individual ground for each lamp. But there's a problem.

I get DT for line 1 and line 2 (only have two lines total), but when line 2 is recieving incoming call, the lamp lights up very dimly, in unison with the lamp for line 3.

The lamp works fine for line 1

I was wondering if it had anything to do with the way I wired the A and AI connectors.

Inside my 564, the AI terminals are in a row above the line terminals segment, with a letter code facing the rear end of the phone.

The letter markings for the AI terminals are as follows from left to right looking at them with the rear of the phone facing you:

B(or 1B, can't really make it out)
EB
EH
ET
ER
then two terminals marked as SG.

The corresponding A terminals are
1H
2H
3H
4H
5H

The way I wired them is as follows:

1H-white/orange
B(or 1B)-orange/white

2H-white/slate
ER-slate-white

3H-green/red
ET-red/green

4H-blue/black
EH-black/blue

5H-brown/black
EB-black/brown

I don't know if that's where the problem lies.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,388 Shoretel
189,101 CTX100 install
187,416 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024