web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I know the 85B is the preferred power supply for the 4A speakerphone system, but can anyone tell me what the 95B is used for? I just bought a transformer with both an 85B and 95B output and they are both wired onto an 82 connecting block. What could that have possibly been used for?

Bill
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The 85 type is used with the 4A speakerphone, and delivers 18 Volts AC.

The 95 type is used with the 32-button Touch-a-Matic sets and delivers 13.5 Volts AC.

I am confused when you say that you have "a" transformer "with both an 85B and a 95B output."

The 85 and the 95 are small gray wall-warts. I have never seen one product that contains them both.

Also "85B" and "95B" are not "outputs"...they are model numbers.

If you have an 85B and a 95B, separately, each wired into an 82 connecting block, it would have been used to proved 4A speakerphone service to a 32-button Touch-a-matic. When those two items were installed together, it is possible that the TAM also had the two additional internal circuit board appliques: dial tone detector and One-Touch dialing. These allowed the user to touch one repertory button on the TAM, and the TAM would turn on the speakerphone, wait for dial tone, then dial the stored number.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

The forum software won't let me edit my typo, sorry.

"provide" not "proved"

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Thanks for the info. But yes, I have never seen a product before that was a combo 85B and 95B until now. I can e-mail you a photo if you want but basically it is a beige transformer with 4 screw terminals, two are marked 85B, the other two are marked 95B. Certainly a clever device and not WE.

Bill
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I believe I've seen that before. I think it was made by Precision Components and was intended for just what Arthur mentioned.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Sorry to cross lines between the for sale forum and the 1A2 forum, but I have an extra TAM with the 2 extra circuit boards that Artur mentioned; meaning it works fine with a 4A and one touch dialing.

Included will be the 82B connecting block, but I don't have the transformers.

Only defects are a couple of the speed dial buttons don't work, and it needs a new battery. Also I'm not completely sure, but I think it is painted black, not sure what it's original color may have been. In any event it's a quality paint job.

Please PM me if interested.

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 182 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024