Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
From what I read on the webpage I linked to above, the RJ31X has to be connected "before" my internal telephones, so in other words I would need to run a cable from my demarc (which I already have), terminate the cable to the RJ31X, and then make my internal wiring live just by connecting a cable from the 6 pin jack to a jack on my wall, and pop the dialer on the 8 pin jack.

Or is this "before the internal telephones" configuration only necessary when dealing with a setup for a home security system?

BTW, I agree that it's a cool....telephone....type thingy.....but it would be WAY cooler if it had a freaking transmitter! I mean dialing from one set, and speaking on another, that's like washing your clothes in two wash machines. Spin in one, rinse in the other!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Arthur, you crack me up!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Officer Ed here. Did someone call the RJ Police? We received a hang up call to our emergency center when someone dialed RJ45. Don't make me bring out the cuffs....

Seriously, those bad boys were state of the art. I wired literally hundreds of them in to 1A2 sets for the government back in the day. Arminger Associates made an RJ31X jack module that was designed to be attached to the line cord of the phone with a cable tie, then it had the appropriate 8" leads to wire it in to the phone's key strip.

We literally had a shopping cart that we loaded up with phones that were pre-assembled with these adapters and just rolled it around changing out sets. We then sat downstairs in the switch room wiring up the next day's batch of replacement sets. Those were the days for sure.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'd love to get my hands on one of those Arminger modules. The dialer's display is a VFD (Vacuum Flourescent Display). They don't use those anymore. Everything is LCD. It would be even cooler if the display was made from Nixie tubes!

Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have to get me one of these:

[Linked Image from suttleonline.com]

Inline RJ31X adaptor.

Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
It's alive, it's ALIVE!!! :banana: I was typically too impatient to wait for the inline adaptor to arrive, so I just hooked up an RJ31X jack I bought from the local electronics shop, and, well, that's it that's all!

I love the loud clicking noise the keys make when you dial out from manual! smile And the speaker is crazy loud for such a relatively small device!

Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Quick pic of the end product:

[Linked Image from hephaestian.com]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,728 Shoretel
189,769 CTX100 install
187,929 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024