web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi. I am getting various system recommendations from 3 reputable companies. I have a need for a system that can handle as many as 10 lines and 10 stations. I want the system to be able to handle at least 2 businesses that have different “ad on hold” recordings and music. I need voicemail and need recording capabilities along with auto-attendant. Perhaps using Xtension Recorder might be better than recording to voicemail. One company suggests Sprint K3, another Toshiba Strata CTX100 and yet another Vodavi STS. When I listen to the Sprint K-3 auto attendant from their various clients, the voices seem a little scratchy or echoing; the CTX100 seems very clear; and Vodavi muffled. I realize that various factors influence the clarity of the voicemail, but I have listened to several companies to try to come to some understanding what they sound. The cheapest system is Sprint K3 followed by the Vodavi STS (only and few hundred more) with the CTX100 being the most expensive by $2000 (as compared to Sprint K3.) Is there any information out there that can give me honest comparisons between these systems in terms of quality, functionality and repair/problems history? Sorry for the long post….

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I can't speak for the Sprint or CTX but the STS only has one MOH channel, so if you need two seperate sources, the STS may be a non starter. If you are planning on doing much recording and setting up two different Auto Attendants, I would stay away from the inskin VM for the STS and look at the digital dispatch. They do have a new hard drive version of the inskin, it may have more flexibility than the original inskin version, someone else may chime in on those. As far as reliability, we've put in apx 15 to 20 STS's and apx 100 sets, the oldest almost two years ago with one out of box failure of the KSU and no phone set problems to date.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Its going to boil down to the quality of the vendor!

I've had very good experiences with the Toshiba CTX-100. It will support up to 15 MOH sources, and I have programmed multiple Auto Attendants on the In-Skin IVP-8 and iES32 Voice Mail systems (Both of which will allow recording of conversations using SMDI integration). I'm surprised that the CTX is so much more costly. I guess its whos making up the numbers!

Check out https://www.toshiba.com/taistsd/ctx100/MenuPage.html and https://www.toshiba.com/taistsd/stratagy/pages/features/ivp8features01.html

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited February 09, 2005).]

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
The K3 has an 8 port flash voicemail out of the box. Voy don't feel bad the K3 realy does price that well. I don't know the other systems that well so I would definately consider spending the least is not always the best. Make sure to compare them and call references. This is a capital investment for your company 2k is chickenfeed when you figure on the lifespan of a phone system. Just my 2 cents.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Actually, the STS can handle two MOH channels. I've never done this, but the manual says:

"This feature also allows the system to assign CO line circuits as additional music inputs. This increases the capacity of music channels beyond the one available on this system. A total of seven channels are available for use on the system."

We've also had success with the STS. The hard drive based in-skin would be your best bet for two companies.

I personally like the K3. I think it is a good little system which includes the tenant ability. Be sure to use the Simplicity (harddrive) voice mail and not the flash voice mail. When you use the tenant feature you can allow / disallow intercom calls to a different tenant. Something you cannot do with an STS. As for the the other one, i have no experience with it.

K3 .... is a great system... as previously stated you want the harddrive voice mail....

And yes it has 2 moh inputs.... but that should not matter .... you can always add a device to any phone system that can give you more than one MOH input..

Email me and I will give you the heads up with the K3....

[email protected]

Walter

OP Offline
Thank you for all the replies! The posts gave me a lot to think about. After much thought, I have decided on the Sprint K3. Thanks again!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CodeSection:
Thank you for all the replies! The posts gave me a lot to think about. After much thought, I have decided on the Sprint K3. Thanks again!</font>

Be careful. Sprint does have dealers, they just sell through North Supply. Companies that buy from a supply house are usually too small to become a direct dealer.
Sprint may sound like a big name, but they are not even a top 10 brand. Stick with Toshiba, NEC, Avaya, or Nortel.

Andy
www.teleco4.com

wb Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by freeness:
Be careful. Sprint does have dealers, they just sell through North Supply. Companies that buy from a supply house are usually too small to become a direct dealer.
Sprint may sound like a big name, but they are not even a top 10 brand. Stick with Toshiba, NEC, Avaya, or Nortel.

Andy
www.teleco4.com
</font>

North Supply is the distribution center and is part of the Sprint family of companys. In order to sell the Sprint K3 you have to be certified and a authorized Sprint Products dealer. So you can be assured that the people putting in your new system are trained on the systme.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 67 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024