web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#490132 07/23/08 05:07 AM
OP Offline
I'm back to being the main phone guy for my company after a couple years doing some other stuff. Sadly it came about because the other phone guy was let go as a cost-cutting measure. I think I knew a bit more about the Tadiran than he did, but I still feel bad, especially as he is a bit older than me and might have trouble finding work elsewhere.

Anyway, looking through some stuff and trying to reacquaint myself with the system, I realized that twice we had to resize for one reason or another and were given a run-around by our vendor (who are overall very good to deal with) or Tadiran. Both times the end result was that we had a couple months of weirdness and Tadiran kicked in for a free upgrade for our Coral III.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, while I know Cisco isn't the most popular around here I do wish Tadiran would take at least a little inspiration from here as to preparing and releasing documentation. it seems like we can't even get release notes for new versions.

As I'm an end-user I know Tadiran gets very touchy if I contact them directly about issues. I kind of understand this (it means that their support group can handle real problems instead of calls asking how to change the display name on a phone) but they may be a bit extreme.

Anyway, welcome to everyone. Sorry if this is a weird first post but I'm a bit frustrated as I'm doing a lot of oddball stuff at work right now and trying to remember how to do the basic phone move/add/change tasks that I haven't had to do for a while.

#490133 07/23/08 05:58 AM
Your vendor should be getting or has access to all release notes. They just may not be sharing them with you. I know in the last few days I got a bunch of software upgrade notes on the UCMC. You may want to get with your Vendor about it.

#490134 07/23/08 06:00 AM
OP Offline
it's probably about time to bug them again for the doc CD. I try not to be too annoying, especially when we're not spending money with them, but I've been throwing a lot of cabling and oddball A/V work lately so they owe me one. smile

#490135 07/23/08 07:53 AM
If they have you listed as a customer then they should be getting whatever you need no matter how much money you spend with them. We probably need to talk....

#490136 07/25/08 04:45 AM
OP Offline
I can get stuff if it's critical. I try not to be too demanding as I've had to deal with bosses who assume that we can somehow lower the service contract cost every year despite costs rising, so I try to be flexible.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,629 Shoretel
189,517 CTX100 install
187,776 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 103 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024