web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am working on converting an IDS 228 from a VX3 voice mail system with VMI intergration (RS-232) integration to a stand alone voice mail server. I will be using analog ports and DTMF integration but I am having a problem with getting my analog ports providing disconnect supervision. I do not know what the IDS is sending out via the VMS Disconnect code to program in the new voice mail server. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

First off let me welcome you to the board, I hope that you find us useful as well as enjoyable. If I can assist please let me know.

I believe what your looking for can be found on the "G" screen and you can select what you need. The default value I believe is blank.

Once again.. welcome

OP Offline
Thank you. With the VX3 voice mail the Disconnect Code in the G screen has 8 stars. I do not know if the stars are the actual star symbol or represent something else. Do you think I should blank out this field? I connected the newer voice mail server and get the systems to talk via analog DTMF integration but I just can't get the analog ports to disconnect or figure out what the new voice mail needs to listen for to understand disconnect signal. Your help is greatly appreciated. This forum is fantastic!

my memory is rusty on this one but I recall that the stars are used by the system to back out. when using an executone VM and the user does not do a proper hangup, the system automatically inserts the stars to properly release the VM port.

you might want to play with the settings in the "M" menu, the talk and non talk modes. try playing with the full and partial settings. I had a problem with a DVX not releasing a call until I played with these values.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
If the VX3 was still using rs232 port for VMI, then You will need to do some serious 'UnProgramming' on Both the vms and the ids...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
The M Screen Full and Partial talk modes should be set to Yes. This will allow the VMS system to hang up the call if it is in the talk mode or on hold or transfer mode.

SMDI is setup using 1 of your com ports. type 99 this will need to be removed.

The vx2 main dialog screen is using VMI or SMDI screen you will need to take the vx2 off line and find the setup screen for non SMDI

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
There is also a sli disconnect parameter I believe in the A screen programming for the sli ports themselves.

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,124 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 445 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024