web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dendiko Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, this is me again.
I am so sorry for keep asking in forum instead of input.
Is there anyway to secure the conference bridge (the defaul are 7098 and 7099). With current default feature anyone can join the conference without knowing who is in and whos is out. There is no PIN that I can add without buying expensive Conference Bridge Manager. I was trying to trace from SMDR log but it doesn't show who is connected. Is there any way around to achieve the security on this bridge.
Please your help is so important to me very much appreciated.
By the way, I am using IPXOffice and WiCMC

Thanks
Dendiko

A station with an attendant COS should be able to lock the conference when all the parties are there. The other option is to change the conference bridge numbers to some odd 6-7 digit number no one would know.

You can block the conf to specific users by COS.

Also look at tennant ranks

_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
__|_\m/__(-_-)___\m/|_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ __ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
dendiko Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Coral Tech and Riman,
First, what is attendant COS, do I need to configure it?
second, how to change the bridge number to 6-7 digit. I have ready with my PI manual.

Dendiko

The other way around is to make use of a library and send the call to the voicemail where in the box you record a message to enter your conference security code which is technically just a transfer box to the conference bridge but you could change the box number that it transfer to daily as long as the box is setup to route to the correct conference bridge that is a way to work around no password as you are technically giving it a password.

dendiko Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks DigiPhoneMan, thats good idea too. While wait to figure out on how to do your suggestion, for temporary I am only enable the call trasfer 'Await Answer' option and use the screenig option. At least the new participant will asked for name and anounce it in the room, also we could check through CoralNagigator all the participant inside the conference room.
Just for your info, even your suggestion also from Riman and Coral looks easy, but it will take time for me to figure out. My installer and Tadiran is not responsive, so I have to figure out by my self.

Create 2 transaction boxes, one that is the conference number that you want them to dial. Turn transfer to station off on the first box. Record a greeting saying please enter your security code. On the second box that you create make the box number the same as the security code you would like to use. When entered correct they get to this box which the transfer destination is the conference bridge number.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,791 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024