Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OCI Offline OP
OP Offline
Aside from ActiveVoice, T3 and all the OEM house Tadiran voicemail units, has anyone had success integrating another third-party voicemail system with a Coral PBX (specifically the IPX 500 series)?

I know that the Vertical Interchange used to work on analog ports (we have them on SL and other older Corals - plus Siemens, etc.). I do not see any reason it would still not work.

Out of interest, why are you looking to another product?

Steve

I am assuming using the APDL?

Had success with Callware

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
You can pretty much use any vm with libraries. The APDL...another story and that is being discontinued and Tadiran will not release the integration codes for that unit.

Steve, I would bet he's looking for something that works a little better for the end user and that won't require a SIP interface to work.

OCI Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you all for the responses. Your input is great appreciated. Your assumptions have all been correct.

Tadiran is making changes...we are looking at the best options for our clients.

No problem. I also was out "shopping" for options as well. I was looking to CTL and they were willing to write an integration if Tadiran released the APDL coding. I actually spent about a half hour talking to the Vice President of Engineering at Tadiran and basically you are gonna go SIP or you are pretty much done. Right now I am working on JUST getting a letter from Tadiran saying they will support new IPX vers 16 systems for the next 5-? years.

Found out some new fun on the "SIP" integration. If you have SIP trunks feeding the SIP voicemail, it won't transfer out of the voicemail. Tadiran is scrampling to find a fix.

OCI Offline OP
OP Offline
Coral Tech, you have hit on a core issue we share that is directly related to this post. We, also intend to request that same confirmation from Tadiran for client who choose to remain with their Tadiran product investment.

I don't get it frankly. Getting revenue from your base of regular PBX systems I would think would be key for ANY business. They have a TON of digital/hybrid system in the field and they are throwing potential $$$ away. People have had these systems in for a decade or more..have upgraded them and now they leave me with no alternatives. The funny thing is when I FIND alternatives they won't support me. After the last webinar I am not getting a rosy "good" feeling anymore. After all it's not about "THEM" it's about "MY" customers and the continuation of their trust. Tadiran has NEVER been an inexpensive system either, which is why it was important to them they were able to upgrade anything they have ever sold...or at least provide a viable voicemail. I can only say is thank goodness we have other brands at this point and THEY understand supporting the base.

Quite frankly I am SHOCKED they have not come out with a linux version, of the new VM, that could be run on the existing IPC 1 and 2 boards. They might actually RUN better too with an OS that was designed for minimal overhead.

I had good luck integrating Tadiran with the CTL voicemail using libraries and analog ports. Both DOS and Windows versions. Probably not too popular these days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,623 Shoretel
189,512 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024