Rate Thread
#491388 08/11/11 01:04 AM
OCI Offline OP
OP Offline
EQUIPMENT
IPX 500 with Simplicity Voicemail.
Software version 14.66

CURRENT CALL FLOW (PROGRAMMING)
Incoming call via DID number rings boss group with one member (x4000). Live operator answers inbound calls during the day. When not available to answer live calls, operator manually “turns on” the company Auto Attendant (AA) via boss group call forward to 5350. AA options allow callers to dial zero which is programmed to ring a ACD group (5351). This all works fine.

PROBLEM
With agents logged into the customer service group, the auto attendant answering all calls and a caller dials zero. The hunt group is setup as one step group = N so it rings the first member of the group then the second member and so on. Overflow is set to 5350 (voicemail) and the idea is that after trying a couple of members of the hunt group an unanswered call should overflow to the voicemail system which has a mailbox 5351. This does not work. If more than one member is logged into the customer service group, it will just continually ring the logged in members and never overflow. If no one is logged in and a caller dials zero, it will overflow to 5350 and play the auto attendant message again. We want it to go to mailbox 5351 if no one is logged in or members are logged in but do not answer the call.

Any suggestions?

#491389 08/11/11 01:49 AM
Check your overflow timers. Also, you need to overflow to a library and make the mailbox the number of that number. Simplicity is VERY limited on routing. I would also add 14.66 is old and outdated to the point Tadiran charges per hour for that.

#491390 08/11/11 04:30 PM
So I tired your suggestion of making the overflow to a library. It seems to fix the problem a little but not completely. Now here is what happens...

1. If users are logged into the hunt group the incoming call will roll from one member to the next. However, it NEVER overflows. It just continues to ring. Is that how it is supposed to work? I would think if no one answer the call it would go to the overflow destination after the overflow timer expires. For the record the overflow timer is set to 35 seconds.

2. With no one logged in and a caller selects the option for the hunt group the call DOES go to the mailbox that matches the library as you suggested we should setup. I now have the overflow destination at 6099 )a public library). 6099 has the out trunk set to 5350 (the VM hunt group). However when the call does overflow I just get a BEEP and no mailbox greeting. I recorded the mailbox greeting and confirmed that it is working. Why would a call that overflows to the library just hear the beep to record the message and not the mailbox greeting first?

#491391 08/11/11 05:00 PM
Hmm strange. Well there are a zillion things this could be. Are you certified on the system? Otherwise you will need an authorized Coral dealer to look at it or have Tadiran do it if you are a dealer? As far as the mailbox is concerned again, need more info that would require getting into the system and digging to where the breakdown is in the programming.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,511 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024