Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#491597 08/08/06 01:37 AM
OP Offline
Take a look if you are with Cingular. If you are attached to your old cell phone that still works great, be prepared to pay a fee for it.

Pretty much forces you to upgrade :rolleyes:

https://www.telecomcareers.net/Resources/News/index.htm

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#491598 08/08/06 01:47 AM
Well, I, for one, do not care for all the bells and whistles on my phone. All I basically want it to do is be able to connect to someone else, and be inteligible. Don't need a camera, or internet access, or tv access!

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
#491599 08/08/06 02:06 AM
OP Offline
I was forced into an upgrade a couple of years ago.

I was perfectly happy with my old phone. It worked lots better than the one I have now. I was forced to upgrade because I changed my plan. Here I am, offering them more money per month by increasing my plan.

What do they respond with? Lock me into another 2 year contract and tell me, if I change the plan I have to upgrade phone.

Now they penalize their customers for not upgrading. $5 bucks a month. That's gonna add up quick. When you are FINALLY forced to upgrade, they will get you for another contract :read:

These cell phone companies are something else :bang:

Richard
#491600 08/08/06 02:07 AM
I just got done reading that Richard. Seems like they're going to get your money one way or the other.

Retired phone dude
#491601 08/08/06 02:36 AM
I will admit that when I did upgrade my phone, I had to sign another 2 year contract, but, in reality, I need the phone, so I was kinda "playing along" with the game plan, so to speak. We got rid of our house phone, so me and the wife both have cell phones on a family plan. Works out pretty much ok, but, like I said, I just want a basic phone. But nowadays, it seems as though you have to get all the bells & whistles, too.

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
#491602 08/08/06 03:18 AM
That's the sort of thing that happens when a company doesn't care a lot about customer satisfaction. Do they have a monopoly in the cellular world too?

Their claim "Least dropped calls" is a joke too. If they are the best I'd hate to see the worse.

These guys also sell phones to people in remote areas and tell them they do have signal out there, which they do, but it's on someone else's towers. So if they use the phone very much at all Cingular will discontinue the service for that person. It's all legal and in the small print so there's nothing these people can do legally.

I use Cingular because they have the best coverage in the areas I travel to but that's the only reason.

#491603 08/08/06 03:34 AM
OP Offline
Same here Bobby. I have to have the coverage they provide. I could go with a company that is cheaper, but I would still come out on the losing end because the coverage isn't there with the other providers.

Richard
#491604 08/08/06 06:53 AM
I was with AT&T when Cingular bought them out...shortly after that..I suddenly started getting worse reception on my cell phone which was already mediocre to begin with. I contacted Cingular and they denied they had anything to do with it and that it must be my phone...which I knew wasn't the case. I called them back weeks later stating I still basically wasn't 'buying that' and I wanted to speak to a 'higher up' ...finally I got him to confess that they were indeed phasing out the AT&T network.
Pretty sneaky. I'm now with T-mobile. It felt good to cancel Cingular after their shenagins...hopefully alot of other AT&T customers left them as well.

#491605 08/09/06 05:00 AM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
As of yet they haven't contacted me on a upgrade. I really don't want all that crap on my cell, I just want to be able to send and rec calls, smile

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#491606 08/12/06 07:41 AM
Same here.

A phone is a phone not a video player or camera or mp3 player.

I have to defend cingular here. I switched from att years ago because of their policy on upgrades and so on. I went cingular and I have to tell you that every place I have been with the exception of a few cement basements and man holes I had a good signal. Now this upgrade problem has followed into cingular so we shall see how long it takes for them to come at me.

I will say this also. It cost more to maintain the old network and users than it does the new one. I know we all had the original analog cells that had bad signal, well by the time they upgraded the coverage the new tdma and cdma came out and they had the same issue then about upgrading and contracts. Its really just a big loop we are caught in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,588 Shoretel
189,473 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, dans, nonameyet, Yoda), 164 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024