Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Story here.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Heh..

One of my favorite shows is Forensic Files as well as The New Detectives. I remember a guy saying "If you think you have a plan for a perfect murder, there are 50 ways to f*** it up, and you're a genius if you can come up with 25 of them."

A couple of years ago, there was a horrific accident where a guy in an SUV slammed into a car (the occupants of the car were killed...high-school kids too).

Now the guy was trying to say that they pulled out in front of him, though he had had his license suspended in the past (reckless and aggressive driving). The investigators plugged into a chip that is the equivalent of a black box on an airplane. They found he had been driving over 70 (the speed limit in that area is 35-45).

I don't think he'll be driving anytime soon.

Another guy's had murdered his wife. How did they catch him? By taking his work computer and reconstructing deleted files (erasing your digital footprints isn't as simple as it seems,) they found he had been researching different ways to poison someone so that it would be untraceable.

Verizon keeps records for two years as to where your cell phone (as in YOU) has been. For years, people have warned about a 'mark' - they just don't know in practicality - as far as tracing your every movement 'live' and historically - it has been here for a long time.

Add in that any cell phone made after 2003 can be turned into a live mic, even when the phone is off, and well.... you are screwed. No privacy for the innocent, no escape for the guilty.

OP Offline
Originally posted by Noisycow:
...Add in that any cell phone made after 2003 can be turned into a live mic, even when the phone is off...
I've heard of that before but can anyone honestly provide any real proof that it's true, or any cases of it actually happening?

I have nothing to hide but my privacy is just that.... PRIVATE! FYI, If someone did turn my cellphone into a "live mic" they would hear classic Rock&Roll from the radio and a few choice names I like to call some of the idiots on the road if I'm driving around the Dallas/Fort Worth area! frown

It was even covered by the mainstream media. It is very true. Every newer cell phone is not only a GPS/recorder, but an audio tap even turned off. It would be naive to think it isn't happening on a wide scale. Orwell was right.

Also, you are not talking about two guys in a van with headsets. A computer could easily be listening in on your cell-MIC flagging key words. Everything the NSA gets first is processed through Tel Aviv (another Fox News story BTW, how nice).

https://news.cnet.com/FBI%20taps%20...dropping%20tool/2100-1029_3-6140191.html

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
My wife carries her cell phone in an Altoid tin box, AND STILL GETS CALLS! So, don't think you can easily prevent tracking and eavsdropping! Take the battery out if you want privacy! But, will that work? I don't know. frown John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
I recently saw on a Mythbusters episode that they constructed a box out of (I think) copper screen. Adam grabbed his cell phone and stepped into the box and said "No signal", stepped out of the box and said "now I get signal". Can't remember what the whole premise of the myth they were busting but this thread made me think of that. Please correct me if I have any of the details wrong, those of you who may have seen this episode.

Travis,

Its a Faraday Cage, Faraday Cage

You can read a little about them at the link.

They help isolate sensitive equipment from static and stray voltages in the air, also pretty good at disrupting comm signals.

John

John

When your this far North your on your own!!
The UK is about a year or so 'ahead of' us in the privacy intrusion dept - https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4969312.ece

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,618 Shoretel
189,509 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024