web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I was a lurker a while back and read enough to get a manual and to set up programming using Procomm (I found TVI950 emulation worked best). Now I'm glad I never tossed that old program!

1) All of our passwords are default except Level 8's. So I cannot access a number of things. Maybe it's better I don't! Can someone please send me the method to reset this password (or all) to the default? I cannot Backup program memory (D), and cannot access Ctrl-F and Ctrl-G to Reset to Defaults or Reset. If I do Reset, will we lose all special settings, like toll restrictions and zones? If so, I'll need to take a series of screen shots in every menu I do have access to.

2) We moved. We did not take the old 25 pair system that did our intercom and paging since I figured we could use external paging to any kind of amplifier and horns. We did take the paging horns. We have the Expansion Board with the Ext Page Terminals, but I can't seem to get anything out of it. This is probably since I don't know my way around the menus so well. I did go into system programming and set Paging Zones 01-10 to Ext 60 and ID 001 and Day and Night to Y. Did I miss something? We would want ringing and voice pages over the system. We now use the speakers in the phones for paging and I suppose we could tap into one of the phone speakers as a last resort. Of course it would need to be one we do not use as an Intercom extension. We ran Cat 5e wire to all phones so there are two unused pairs from each phone coming home to the IDS panel.

One more point about this: An employee seemed to remember that Extension 3008 was used to adjust the volume of the paging system, so we did bring the unused two wires in that phone jack back to the panel and also received nothing. Nothing comes out of that phone's speaker when we page, so I'm wondering if they originally tapped into that speaker. If we swap out another phone, we can hear the page at that location. The 100 block had two wires at the empty location below extension 3008 marked "Page" on it and going back to the system block marked "Ext Page". I tried tapping into that also with no success. The amp/horn works with a plain old mic connected to it with alligator clips so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom Smith

Our existing system:
We have an IDS 42, Software is Version 42/84, 6.0.1 5/2/95, IMI225, LOW (upper chip) is B0B8 1LU41, HIGH (lower chip) is 4BA0 1HU42
This System has the 2x4 Expansion Assembly Board # 23120
SW1 settings – 1 on, 2, 3, 4 are all off
J26 jumper is on the right two pins

Tom Smith, ZEB Staples
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It sounds like you had the external page coming from ext 3008, open the phone you will see a black and red wire off the board of the phone take those wires and connect to a spare line cord you have laying around. connect the red to red and the green of the line cord to the black. At the jack change it to a duplex jack and connect the white green to the new insert. plug the line cord you have spliced into the speaker leads and plug it into that jack. Lable the jack as page only. Go to the head end and take the white green pair and connect it to the amplifier labled input. If ext 3008 is programed to ring you will get the ring over the page if you page ext 3008 it will go over the speakers. If you do an all page ie 60 from any phone it will also go over the speakers. Hope this helps I would give you the password for level 9 but I don't think we are allowed to give that info out. That is the only way I know to change the level 8 password without knowing it.

Maybe I'm off but did you not have an external amp you took with your system? You are not going to push a bunch of speakers off the IDS phone system you need an external amp. 3008 is probably just the output that would go to an input on an external amp which would drive all your horns/speakers. You wouldnt have all the controls you need with the phone system alone.

Usually executone would have a WMA-100 or a 35 or whatever is appropriate for your load. The external amp has several inputs for MIC, Tel paging and several AUX inputs etc. for thinks such as music from any source, cd players, xm radio is what I been doing alot of lately.
I doubt you can run many horn/speakers off the phone system itself the amplifier should push all your speakers. The WMA-100 has a 70v output and a 25w output. It also has a switch so you can set priority or mix which would cut your overhead music when a overhead (60) page is made on priority. Mix just mixes them both. You also have seperate volume controls for music/paging and all the other auxiliary inputs you chose to use. How many speakers/horns are you running in this building usually the speakers have several wires which allow you to select the wattage such as 2,4,6 wats etc. Also pay attention to the ohms they are running like 4 or 8 you can see all this on a speaker.
Your phone system will have an input for a message on hold you can use various devices for this like just a cd player set to repeat your on hold msg check out the Intellitouch Music On Hold System W/ Adaptor OHP6500 its the best thing for on hold msg. Executone phone systems are done so any amp you buy would be refurbished so I'd look at a amp such as a Bogen TPU100B Series Amplifier Telephone paging amplifiers, 100W, 600-ohm balanced telephone line input, LO-Z balanced microphone input, Background music input, Integral automatic level control (ALC) circuit, Aphex Aural Exciter, VOX sensitivity level control, 120V AC, 60Hz power source, Rack/Wall mount

OP Offline
MV, Thanks for the tip about the wires coming from the phone. SouL with MV's point and yours about the amp we've got it! We had a separate Executone amp, model P-29-04, but I think it died. Since you mentioned all that about the amps, I tried another amp and between the two suggestions from both of you, I got the paging system to work. The speaker from 3008 is basically the input to the amp. The amp has a separate 24vdc power supply with volume control of course. The old Executone amp I had did nothing in the same hookup, so now I'm sure it was dead.

And I can't get anything out of the older E-tone horns. I'm guessing they were driven into more than 8 ohms requiring more power? Or perhaps al of the E-tone horns were blown, thus requiring this other approach.

Anyway we are good with the paging system now. Thanks for your help.

Now we only need to reset the L8 pw. I thought there were only 8 levels in the IDS42? At least that is what the book says. It is the other models that go above 8.

Tom Smith, ZEB Staples
There are 10 levels of access that I am aware of. Shoot me an email with your info and I may be able to remote into your system and reset L8

If your not having fun, go find something else to do.
level 10 on the 2.4.1 software is
from the screen where it shows enter password, press CTL D and type in ******* ( that is 2 underscores) and hit enter, at this point it should say enter authorization and you will press the date backwards like ******** and then enter. now you will see the main menu. ad the main menu hit CTL D at the same time and you are in the debug. here you will press letter P and it will show you all of the passwords. good lock.

***Edited due to password-specific information being given in a public forum which is a violation of terms of service***

Executone super tech.
Hi,

I wondering if any one could help with this-
I recently picked up a customer with an ids42 it's been a long time since I've worked on one and do not remember the default passwords, could someone help with those? I just need to change some ringing for them.

I would appreciate any help you could provide, I would buy a manual but this
is probably the only instance that I would need it.

Thank you,

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024