web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#51490 06/27/02 02:40 PM
OP Offline
Well I was ready to install my IMX 2460 (with new proms installed) in our new building and found out that we really needed more extension than the 60 available so I found an IMX 256 on EBAY. (3,200 with 8 display phones) It has cards to handle 24 lines and 88 telephones. I have downloaded the manual on line and was reading about the programming of the system.

Here's my question... anyone know where I can get a copy of the Stand-alone/remote programming software for an IMX 256?

Question #2 can the system be programmed using Procomm or Hyperterminal like my IMX 2460 can or do I HAVE to use the Stand-alone/Remote programming software.

Anything special I should know about the IMX 256?

I'm pretty good with the programming of the 2460 so I assume the IMX 256 will be somewhat similar.

Wish me luck... I'll probabily need it!

Thanks
Ron haney

Ron Haney
Director of Tech Operations
KLAQ - KROD - KSII
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
Hey Ron,
To answer question number 1, do you know what version your 256 is? The versions are 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 4.1 You might look at the CPU card, I think the eproms might say, if not give me those part numbers and I will find out.

Question 2, No your system cant be programmed using hyper term or procomm. You must use the Programming software.

About the only thing similiar this system is to your 2460 is they both use the same phones, other than that they are completely different. Dont worry I can help you on this system. Just installing the programming software may be a challenge. I hope your laptop or PC is either windows 98 95 or that other version 3.? I forget. It was designed for windows 3.? and there are work arounds for 95 98. I never tried to install this programming software on NT or higher.

On a lighter note, you will like the ability to program this system remotely, it has a built in modem on the CPU.

Rhett
OP Offline
I'll get the version number when I get the unit in-house.

Where can I get the programming software?

Without it I'm gonna have problems, huh?

Ron Haney
Director of Tech Operations
KLAQ - KROD - KSII
RCA Offline
I sent you a private email regarding this message.

Yes you will have problems without the software. No software= no programming

[This message has been edited by RCA (edited June 28, 2002).]

Rhett

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,295
Posts638,837
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,529 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Soulece), 115 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024