web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rburr Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all, just stumbled upon this site a little while ago. I was hoping to get some thoughts on the problem I'm having with our phone system. I recently started at a company that had an Axxess 8.0 system with loads of issues. One of them is the system rebooting in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. Through Inter-Tel and local service provider was told to upgrade to 8.2 to resolve this problem. did that, problem persists. Local service calls inter-tel and they tell him to apply the 8.2g patch to fix problem. Tried to do that, local service tech barely got our phones up and running before start of business day, but still with 8.2 not 8.2g. Under the maint. screen all flags are set to not reset, not force, etc...Yet it does.

Has this happened to any of you? Should I expect that getting 8.2g installed will cure the problem? Or do I just have a bum local service tech?

rob

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

mrb Offline
It is always a little tricky to troubleshoot over chat. But a few things:

1. what size system?
2. Does it happen at the same time everyday?
3. There is a newer release of 8.2 which should be available very soon.
4. You can always shop for a new vendor.
5. Is there anything else you can provide me?

Is the system on a UPS? We have had issues with the UPS doing a self test and dropping the load - sure defeats the purpose of having a UPS. If the system resets every day at the same time, I'd be looking at power related issues - pump that kicks in at that time, etc. Keep us posted.

rburr Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mrb:
It is always a little tricky to troubleshoot over chat. But a few things:

1. what size system?
2. Does it happen at the same time everyday?
3. There is a newer release of 8.2 which should be available very soon.
4. You can always shop for a new vendor.
5. Is there anything else you can provide me?
</font>

Thanks for the replies! mrb;
1. approx. 300 endpoints
2. has happened around three seperate times (10:00 am, noon, and 1:00pm).
3. I think we just got there
4. Company I work for right now is evaluationg staying with Inter-Tel or go Avaya. Quotes in hand, just a matter of a decision to be made somewhere

We finally upgraded to 8.201q, since that upgrade - the monday before labor day- the system has not rebooted once. It's odd, we're running a pretty heavily hit Call Center and we're just not sure if the inter-tel system is our best choice going forward.

mrb Offline
Sometimes the grass does seem a little greener when problems arise. The version of the Axxess you have has been revised a few times over. the latest is 8.225. Will this be your silver bullet, not sure, but it should help. Are you happy with your dealer? We have others I can refer you to if your current situation is not meeting your needs. Feel free to email me off-line if you prefer to discuss and perhaps I can help. Inter-Tel has many sites of this size that run smoothly.

rburr Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, and I get to come into this place with a system that has ghosts in it and a vendor, from what I have seen so far, that has approx. 1 large client. heh, unfortunately that would be us.

meant to be more specific in my last post about call volumes, for example for a shortened holiday week like this, we are expecting around 20,000 calls to just the Call Center, add another 150 or so users into the mix and that's the volume i am talking about. Just not sure TASKE, NetPhone and the likes can handle it.

Thanks for the info though, I just may mail ya offline to discuss this further.

rob

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Curlycord), 110 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024