web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
edog Offline OP
OP Offline
I am attempting to perform the initial setup of an IPC card, but am having some problems.

I seated the card, set it up as a DKSC-16, set up the first 8 ports as Standard Keysets and assigned them an extension number, then connected it to our network. I couldn't ping the card (even after addiding a routing exception into my PC's routing table).

So I connected a laptop to the 232 port on the IPC card. Programmed a static IP address using the same subnet as my PC. After setting the address, I reset the card, went back to my PC, and attempted to connect to the IPC card over the network. No luck. I can't even ping it.

I connected the IPC card directly to the laptop with a crossover cable, and can connect to the web interface just fine.

I have checked the IP settings, network switch settings, and everything looks like it should work.

Any ideas???

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

mrb Offline
1) Have them check to see if bootp and/or dhcp is disabled on the IPC. It may be picking up an IP address from one of these.
2) Is the switch 10baseT? If I remember correctly the IPC is 10baseT only.

do you have the manual? if not, email me.

edog Offline OP
OP Offline
I verified that bootp and dhcp were turned off on the IPC card. I also tried to turn on DHCP on the card to see if it could get its own IP address, and it could not obtain one.

I had the IPC card plugged into a port on an HP 4000M switch, and after checking, saw that the switch auto negotiated the connection to 10mb - Half Duplex. I also tried to hard code 10mb - HD on that specific port, but that didn't help.

I do have a recent manual, but thank you for the offer.

Any other advice? It almost seems like a bad card, however, if I connect to the network port on the card directly with a crossover cable, I can open the web interface. It's very odd.

[This message has been edited by edog (edited September 14, 2004).]

Had a similar problem with an IPC card. We ended up re-flashing the firmware and the card straightened right out. I'd give that a shot.

edog Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BaKaatz:
Had a similar problem with an IPC card. We ended up re-flashing the firmware and the card straightened right out. I'd give that a shot.</font>

That did the trick!! Thanks for the help.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,124 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, justbill), 163 guests, and 448 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024