web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I've been a sub for 1 company for 6 years(been in the craft 18), but due to poor business practices I've decided to build a customer base and go out on my own own without burning any bridges. So I wanted to get the experts advice on this subject.
Thanks in advance

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well, Customers normally don't respond well to solicitation from a former employee.

Here is what I would do. Contact the Yellow Pages, Get in there. Online and Print. Don't go broke!(It's really easy)

Find these guys that compete with the LEC. Qwest, AT&T, etc. They have sales forces. Then start networking.

Good luck.

------------------
BesTech IT Solutions
BesTechIT.com
Cisco, Watchguard, Microsoft and Novell Servers

BesTech IT Solutions
BesTechIT.com
Cisco, Watchguard, Microsoft and Novell Servers
KLD Offline
There are several groups that network. One that has someone from each field not just telephone is BNI (Business Network International). There is a fee to join but from what I've seen it will increase your business about 40% due to the referrals. Several businessmen I know have joined and I've seen their businesses grow. Each group has 25-40 members, are salesmen and business owners. Now you become a salesman for them and they become salesmen for you. Two local groups have invited me, I know many of them, am looking at it real close.

Ken
---------
BNI really gets your name out there. It's under $300 to join for a year. My bni chapter has 45 members and is still growing. Possibly the best investment I could have made for my business.

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling

OP Offline
What about like chamber of commerce? Anyone see any help becoming members possible in the surrounding cities?

OP Offline
I know that I can pull a few customers but don't want that rep following me. I want to make a name of my own terms not someone elses.

My question would be - What do you do? What products do you sell? What makes the customer need you? Once you lay that out, I think you'll get better answers to your question.

------------------

OP Offline
I've Been subcontracting in business phone systems for 6 years and outside plant 10 years previous. I'm leviton cert'd, Install program and service(about 80% effectively) Nortel, Vodavi, Samsung, Avaya, Sprint, InterTel just to mention a few systems. I know I don't know everything But have various contacts that can help with support on these. just about anything paging, nurse call, certified in epoxy and mechanical fiber and splicing. Pretty much anything I can get a manual on I can learn. I have a few certs on phone systems but some non traveling.

I have been a Regional Sales Manager for some years and my advice to all interconnects is to join Networking groups like BNI (My opinion is they are the best run), join the Chamber of Commerce (Gives you excellent contacts in a market.), join your states Telecommunications Association (Believe it or not they get phone calls asking for lists of members from prospective customers), and of course you have to cold call. (I know that everyone hates this but it is the only quick way to start to get your name out there. Either pick a section of town or an vertical market {DR offices, Restaraunts, Real Estate ..etc.}and focus on that. You need to be focused otherwise it is overwhelming.) Everyone one of my most successful dealers do the above. I also agree with the post about the yellow pages just be careful about spending too much money - if you spend too much your return won't be as good as the other things I have mentioned.

Good Luck with the start of your business.

------------------
Buy-SamsungPhoneSystems.com

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,300 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, highlysecptial, Toner), 155 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024