Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#52402 12/27/04 11:32 AM
OP Offline
I need help with an Inter-Tel Axxess 8.0 system to set up an employee locator. I want to include in a directory search (dial by name) for employees of the company that are geographically separated and on a different phone system. All I can figure out is to create non-associated mailboxes with the greeting to instruct the callers to hang up and dial another number to reach the appropriate party. But, the caller can still leave a message. I can use remote messaging but what I am looking for is a method that plays a message to the caller without an option to leave a message. Is there a way to make a mailbox announce only and hang up or should I be looking at another way to accomplish this?

Tony

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

On 8.0 you can make a MB announce only, which should work for what you want. Tho I think it will place the caller back into VM till the caller hangs up.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
https://www.dnrcomm.com

DnR Communications
OP Offline
That is what want to do. Where do I set the mailbox to annouce only? I looked through the menu but I cannot find where I would set the mailbox to announce only.

Thanks.

Well, I looked and could not find it either. Hey MrB, chime in here and let me know where I went wrong.

------------------
https://www.dnrcomm.com

DnR Communications
A mailbox by definition is going to record a message. What you need to do is create a call routing announcement in voice mail applications. Remove the default greeting 001 and replace with a custom recording, then on the digit translation, leave all digits blank and the timeout to hang up.

You might want to program a digit to transfer to extension (application number) so that in your custom recording you can add, 'to repeat this information, press the pound key' or something to that effect.

Andrea
mrb Offline
I have to defer to the lady (I assume) on this one. Mailboxes have to have room to leave a message. If you try to place a real strict limitation on the message length to get around this, you will fill the MB which turns off the outgoing message. CRA is the way to go.

OP Offline
I need to use the Dial-by-name feature to include employees that are physically located in another area. I am currently using a DTN that gives the caller an option to dial by first or last name which works for employees with an extension and an associated mailbox but how do I use the dial- by-name feature for employees outside the system. I like DnRComm's idea but I do not see a way to make a nonassociated mailbox announce only. I am not sure how I should set up a CRA for this. Are you saying to make a recording that lists all employees? I have about 100 employees off-site and not on the Eclipse system.

Thanks.

Tony

I am a bit of a rookie here myself, but I believe in Axxess 8.0 you have the ability to set up "extension ID's". description from the help files is as follows:

Extension IDs provide the Auto Attendant application with a means for transferring calls to extensions and off-node devices that do not have mailboxes. An extension ID allows the owner to record a name for the directory and establish a password. Extension IDs can be created for stations, hunt groups, and applications.

I haven't used any personally for the purpose you are describing, but it sounds like they may fill your need. They are not actually mailboxes so there is no ability to leave a message.

it is located under VOICE PROCESSOR-->DEVICES-->EXTENSION IDS

Dan L Armstrong
WinWholesale
I realize that this post is a bit old but maybe someone out there can help. I tried what was suggested to using a CRA and that part works however when I perform the dial-by-name it doesn't recognize the name of that person. Like for instance the last name start with HO and what I get back is the first name in the J's. If anyone has tried this and made it work I would be highly interested in how you resolved this issue.

The station in question needs either a mailbox or extension ID associated with it, and the name must be recorded.

Make sure the name is programmed as last,first with no spaces.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,177 CTX100 install
187,020 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024