web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Before I completely bail on this phone, I am hoping someone here can provide me with the help I need to get it working. The Allworx vendor has been of NO assistance.

I am trying to configure this phone to work using a Belkin router connected to a cable modem from Time Warner/RoadRunner. The cable modem has only one ethernet port. Since I need to use that to connect to a wireless router, I cannot plug the phone directly into the modem.

Here is a list of steps I have taken to determine where the problem occurs:

1. Tried connecting the phone directly to the modem. Bravo. It worked perfectly. Again, since the modem has only one ethernet connection, this set up will not allow me to connect to the internet. I do know that the issue is not with my ISP nor with the cable modem.

2. I have rebooted the modem, then the router, then plugged the phone into the router to ensure it is recognized as a new connection. I then rebooted the phone. One way audio.

3. Within the router configuration, I have: a) Mapped inbound ports 2088 (UDP), 5051 (TCP & UDP), 5060 (TCP & UDP), 5061 (TCP & UDP), 5071 (TCP & UDP), 8081 (TCP) and 16001-16010 (UDP) to the same Private IP address private ports. b) disabled security. c)Disabled the firewall. d)saved all changes, rebooted as described in #2 above. One way audio.

4. I tried all of the same as #3, but used ports 16384-16393 instead of 16001-16010. One way audio.

5. I called Belkin technical support. They confirmed all settings then said there must be more Allworx ports.

6. I requested assistance again from Allworx (who initially said the ISP had some sort of filters that were causing the problem. See #1 above. It is not the ISP.) They copied and pasted a section from the Allworx knowledgebase that contained the ports I had already opened.

Can someone PLEASE help??? What am I missing??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Try placing the phone into a DMZ. Most routers have this available.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
If Rustynails suggestion doesn't work, why don't you get a cheap hub/switch and place it between the modem and the wireless router?

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
What is your relationship with the Allworx vendor that they are not helpful? I would pressure them to get the stuff they sold you working properly!

if the phone works when connected directly to the modem then it is OBVIOUSLY the the belkin!

you need to do a sip trace or use a sniffer to figure out where the connection is being lost.

Something is preventing 2 way traffic in the Belkin. My suspicion is that it is on the inbound side. The belkin in blocking something coming in from the remote allworx.

Oh and by the way, while as an allworx dealer I would try to help you as much as I could, at some point I would also tell you that you're on your own when dealing with a 3rd party equipment I didn't provide you, adn when the phone OBVIOUSLY works.

OH, I forgot to ask! When you hook up the phone to the Belkin does it intitialize/register to the allworx or do you get fail to connect?

If the first it is an rtp/utp issue
if the second it's SIP or possibly natting issue.

Hi, Belkins are extremely flaky in my opinion. I've had to swap out several of them at my customer locations. Instead of getting a "cheap" router, why not get a decent one for not much more than the belkin?

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024