web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Didn't see much on sonicewall advice with allworx, but hopefully somebody can help.

2 6x allworx with a tz190 on each side.(site a + b)

using EOC with TPAC SIP on both sides.

Both 6x are set to LAN
The multisite connects and phones copy over to each side so we know the 2 can talk.

Opened all the recommended ports on the firewalls.
All SIP options are turned off on both firewalls.

the multi-site fails 2 of the tests:
smtp and the audio call. Both say cannot hear on remote end.

Problem:
When dialing Site A(controller) and trying to call an ext on site B, just rings and then drops after 7 rings with no vmail pickup.

TO confirm that vmail works on site b, when dialing direct to site b, the ext picks up and so does vmail.

What am I missing?
Is it the sonicwalls?
They had a freepbx box in there and just moved the ALlworx in, but the sites cannot transfer calls.

Thanks for any help. It's driving me a little nuts.

GC

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Allworx support gave me a link to this website which is very helpful: support.vocalocity.com

In this site there is information about various routers and whether if they work with VoIP systems or not, and how to configure some which may cause issues. Appearently Sonicwall products fall into that category.

I had trouble recently with a Sonicwall. Not sure if you read through my post but in the end we placed a simple 4 port switch (D-Link EBR 2310) right after the modem to split the WAN signal to the Sonicwall for Data and to the Allworx for it's own VoiceLAN. Then I set the Allworx up as NAT/Firewall with DMZ and configured the PoE switch accordingly. No matter what we did with the Sonicwall - which was basically allow anything through to the Allworx it wouldn't. Maybe this will work for you and maybe not? In my case though all is working well. But it is also a single site I'm referring to.

OP Offline
Thanks JCVD

I got tpac on line with allworx support.

Since the sites talk, it's just the 15000-15511 ports that are not moving across and apparently not leaving the sonicwalls to each other. no 15k traffic. odd.

i am setting up two netgear fvs318's but think they are underpowered.

AW says that the 15k ports are hittingn the sw, but then they don't make it over to site b.

1. Any thoughts on that?
2. any other firewall's for 13 users on each side that you have found that works?

Sorry no further thoughts. For me it's always some tiny setting buried that was overlooked or slightly off. That is an odd thing.

It was about two months ago when I was battling with the Sonicwall.

We have been setting up in house systems for demo's and training with two NETGEAR ProSafe VPN Firewall FVS338's on two different DSL services. Been having a hell of a time getting a remote phone to register between these two myself. It's a painstaking process for someone with basic networking knowledge that's for sure.

Are you using a managed PoE switch for the Allworx sets and has that been configured? (I learned the hardway that some configuration is required.

I haven't found a good firewall yet. Allworx tech support recommended ADTRAN and Cisco gear. As far as something less money I'm not sure yet. Working on that myself.

Could always use the Allworx as the Firewall.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
We have one 24X with a newly installed Sonicwall. It seems to be working well, now---but we did have to make some changes with DNS settings. No problems with the 15000 range ports.

We have customers with Barracudas, Ciscos and NetGears mainly. All seem to work fine---but the Netgears seem to be about 1/10 of the cost of the others. I'm sure that they don't do as much---but they seem to work fine.

Make sure that the SIP ALG(SIP Helper) in your Sonicwalls is turned off. I know this sounds counterintuitive but SIP ALG's typically hurt SIP more than they help.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
Zyxel USG50 or USG100 is our router of choice for use with Allworx. Most of our Allworx installs have one of these routers.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
OP Offline
THank you all.

JCVD - not using poe and just want the 6x's to do phones, nothing else(no firewall or email)

JWracedog- did you install on multi-site or just 1 site?
Yes, the netgear fvs318 is doing ok, but think it' under-powered.
Looking at cisco and juniper and possibly microtick per a recommendation(we not linux company, but might look at it)

Aweaver - i've used zyxel in a non allworx environment.
Have you used them in a multi-site?
How did it go? if good, anything to look out for or standard setup?

What cisco's fwalls are anybody using out there?

Thank you again.

I'm having a very similar problem with a multi-site Allworx setup and a sonicwall.

The remote site is setup in lan host mode, and a sonicwall is the lan gateway/dhcp + vpn tunnel to the other sites. Phones register and we're getting one-way audio when site b calls site a, but not the other way around.

Perhaps make the allworx the dhcp server?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (BobRobert, Curlycord), 115 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024