web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
i have some 79xx series VOIP phones that are acting VERY strange ... if you are familiar with these series phones once you plug them into the PoE switch they look for a TFTP server with the call manager files to aquire all the info they need to work .... i have them set up on a 2620xm router running IOS c2600-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T14 along with call manger 4.3. i have hooked up and fixed over 50 of the same series phones with out a problem.

Now here is my issue ... when you goto press the SETTINGS button on the phone you are allowed to go into the settings of the phone to change all the ROUTER,TFTP,ETC info to allow you to connect your phone to the CALL MANAGER or you can set up DHCP and it will aquire the info automaticly. When i press the SETTINGS button NOTHING HAPPENS =( .... i can reset the phone to factory defaults by holding the # button then 12345678*0# then 2 not saving the info and i can hit the retart buttons which is * 6 SETTINGS buttons together and that will let me restart the phone but i cannot manualy set up this phone to do anything .. it will not aquire info form my DHCP server and will not find my TFTP server at all =( the phone SETTINGS BUTTON does not respond at all ..only when restarting the phone.

these phones are SCCP but i cannot get into the settings to fig out which firmware they are running =(

i have been all over the net and have found nada on this and how to resolve it ... hoping someone here has had a simular issue and can help =)

thanks for any and all help

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check the settings for the phone on the call manager, there is a checkbox that allows the Settings button to be disabled.

I second that. We had settings locked out so the users could not change their ringer, etc.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 103 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024