web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
djn602 Offline OP
OP Offline
A few months ago we had an IPX 500 installed. I would now like to get some Polycom SIP devices talking with it. One is an Soundstation IP 6000 and then others are Wi-Fi SIP handsets.

Any pointers for an end user with access to the system via Coral View Designer? There aare certianly a lot of features that can be turned on and off in the SIP config in the Polycoms. It is really a bit overwhelming.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You will need to have the generic SIP licenses on the system. Most of the time the IPX systems come with MGCP and Tadiran SIP licenses, so you may have to purchase generic SIP licenses. Do you know if you have them or not?

Steve

djn602 Offline OP
OP Offline
The auth file shows SIP and 2 so I think we have 2. I would like to get the conference phone working and one wi-fi set and then go from there. If the wi-fi works out well I will purchase more generic SIP licenses.

Be sure to check the sizing of the system and port authorizations (total ports authorized vs ports used). Another thing to check is the Tadiran / SIP compatibility chart.

djn602 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have played more and still no luck getting the phone to register. I am really not sure on what the syntax is for tadiran as to the sip address. extention_numer@ip_address or???

If you go by here 3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-ip-6000.html you can see the screen shots for this polycom.

I am not sure on the syntax for address, auth user is is the extension number I would think, password is straight forward. Then under Server 1 is the transport UDPonly also is the port 5060?

I cannot find any good info from Tadiran themselves. I did find a nice set-up guide for Avaya ip office though...grrr

We are running the latest software as of June, we have 2 SIP licenses. I have not tried other SIP devices or software.

I personally am not familiar with setting up a generic SIP telephone...but why not call your tech? A good tech could get these up an going for you fairly fast, and then you will know exactly how to do it in the future.

Steve

djn602 Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried the company I bought the system from but they have never setup SIP devices only trunks and therefore do not know what to do. They say try Polycom, sigh. I will try an x-lite softphone and keep playing.

Thanks.

If they are newer firmware polycom's then you can do some simple provisioning through the web interface on the phone. If not, or you would rather use the full configuration parameters, you can download the polycom administration guides and the one-generation back from current firmware yourself.

You can get all that by selecting the model phone from here: https://www.polycom.com/support/voice/index.html

Just an FYI, polycom uses a unified provisioning set-up, so all polycom's will use the same config files. It's just a matter of what firmware revision is needed to make them all work at once.

Looking at tadiran's Sip terminal interoperability table it doesn't show that polycom as being a support sip device, unfortunately tadiran's sip is rather restricted on the terminal end. If your interested I have been able to setup an Asterisk pbx as a network node using sip trunks to a tadiran, and then you can add your polycom's as extensions on the asterisk with network numbers on the tadiran. email if your interested.

djn602 Offline OP
OP Offline
I got it working. Helps if I use the right IP. The IPx 500 has 3 IP addresses.

Now if I can just get it to ring when making an external call...it is pretty weird. If I call an internal number I can hear it ring while I wait for someone to answer but it does not ring if I dial an outside number (9 and the number..)

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hitechcomm 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 13
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 106 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024