web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Well today I finished the install of two SBXs networked across Cox Metro E with both systems sharing a PRI. I had to program numbers for CCR, four did fax numbers and a number of things that I have done many times before with XTSs. With the SBX it is a different game altogether. Lots of options that you have to turn on in many places to make them work but some things are easier than the XTS once you (me) figure out what the termanology is and where it is located. I did no programming with the phone at all. All was done through ADMIN with a laptop connected to each system.

Tomorrow is the first day with traffic...wish me luck!

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Good luck!
smile

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

Moderator-ESI - Executone
GOOD LUCK !!! If it does work, could You let US know what You had to mess with? Just in-case... :confused:

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Networking is really tough with this thing..good things about it and bad. It treats network numbers like did..both extension and feature. So with a bit of programming you can page across the network...pull dialtone and I think you can also park calls back and forth although I have not tried that yet. Just remember net co groups and pstn groups can be in the same group with different functions as well as PRI lines can be in net groups being used for PSTN and co line groups. The same did table is used for both networking and PRI calls...which when you think about it is also neworking just not over voip lines. This has all to do with using SIP and Voip and DID with either or both. Got it?

Most of my problems today were do to timing conflicts...did no answer being shorter than forwarding to VM timer by default. I had to catch things like this as calls were recalling from stations to the operator with a no answer prompt first. We pushed the 4 port AA/VM really hard today. I plan on routing some of the calls directly to the AA of site B tomorrow.

The customer was a bit shell shocked because this system is so different from their networked Iwatsu that I yanked out yesterday...but they seem to really like it. Maybe more than I do but that seems to always be the case with the SBX.

The PRI is self healing and self sensing. You turn it on it sets itself to the CO...automatically sets the lines for DID/ISDN. You have to put the trunks in what groups you want and program your DID tables.

The system handles DID no answer calls, very different from analog CO calls. Really different.

Funny things can happen though when you have a 30 trunk switch with 3 analog trunks, 8 voips and 24 PRI channels. The system will set up all the analogs as 1,2,3, voips are 4 to 11 and the PRI as 12 to 34. Then it disables the first six outgoing pri channels...calls still ring in but for outgoing the trunks don't exist even though they do exist in logical assignment. This drove me batty for awhile cause I thought it was causing me a dial 9 problem (when 801 still worked fine) but it was me who caused the problem...I did not set a net numbering table "net usage" option correctly. I needed to change it to PSTN. I won't go into a lot of detail about this...just remember that to network features, share trunks, and correct ringing to extensions you have to think DID and digit strings. This system has nothing in common with the XTS when it comes to networking except they both use IP addresses. That is about it.

I actually taught tech service a couple of things today that even they didn't know about.

By the way...don't bother using any offline admin program with FP 3.5 because there really isn't one and there will not be one until they the LG engineers finish writing 3.5 It is still a work in progress.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Derrick, you are more of a man than I am. My hat is off to you Sir. Good job!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Thanks Ed. Man I am one tired puppy after this cut. It was one of the hardest mentally I have done in a long, long time.

Just a hint. We guys need to thing different with this switch both software and hardware. If you are cableing a new install using this system or any system for that matter...go all modular and forget the 66 blocks. Site B was already wired that way. All cat 5 in the rack including the voice cableing. I made 18 patch cables...8 pin on one end, four pin on the other and we had the phones changed out in less than one hour.

I also salvaged 6 Panduit Voice Patch 25 pair to 25 2pin 8 position jack panels. I plan on using them for my next install..a networked XTSc with Edge phones. There will be no 66 blocks and everyting goes in the rack.

www.myrandomviews

My 2 Cents on the rack business, Phone systems go on the Wall. Servers go in the Rack ( where Nobody really Use's the " Patch Panel" swapping the phones around BS anyway ) , I know sometimes it's necessary
but, if the voice is already on a 66, it's Staying there.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
To Derrick: :bow:

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Okay, the SBX at this point has some limitations that I sure wish it didn't have...some I knew about before I installed it.

I knew about the first two:
no centralized digital voice mail
four ports can be a couple too few sometimes.

These I did not know about
cant ring a did number across the net to system
B's CCR table. You can program it and it will work one time and then system b makes the next call invalid.

Can't forward a station to a CCR menu, so no workaround to the above.

Can't overflow a station group to a net number.

Can't preset a station to a net number.

Data/fax security per station basis is a nice feature however.

www.myrandomviews

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, Yoda, Toner), 143 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024